Thread: How to upload the image file on TomTom via 1530 live

How to upload the image file on TomTom via 1530 live

Recently I was trying to set the image file on my TomTom via 1530, but however I was not able to do that so is there are any possibilities to do that. So if you guys have any of the information about the setting for the image file to the via 1530 then please suggest me. I have visited several site for the solution but still I have not find any of the tricks or any of the method that allow to set the image on the TomTom, so f you guys have any of the information about this topic then reply. If anybody can help I will be very pleased

Re: How to upload the image file on TomTom via 1530 live

However I have found that the newest device are fail to do that thing for setting up the images, so for that the device have to get the latest update which provide the feature for the image, since TomTom only provide the Read only Properties for the data. So for that you need to install the My TomTom install on the TT and the devices have to be update by the latest current with updates. So if you have done that then you are able to upload the custom icons via My TomTom.

However currently with any of the TomTom it is not possible to upload the images or icon to the application. And also it is not possible to download car icons with my TomTom Application.
    So according to the condition there are the two possibility that you can employ to do the uploads for the icon or the images you wish to apply. So for that you have to download the supporting application with the TomTom Home. Or simply it is possible to download the Car Icons from Third Party websites.

There might be the browser issue that doesn’t allow doing that, since even I was also facing the same issue and after trying lot of thing I am able to overcome that so for that you have to first change your browser or you can simply reinstalling the browser. After that you have to restart the MyTomTom application, and after the update if you now open the browser the website opens.
    There you will find the communities that allow you to add the community. Or there may be the problems arise for the MAJOR update that allows much more to be done with the GPS, there might be the possibility that it have not install properly so if there are something like that then you have to install tat properly and after that the problems for the upload will be clear out.

After the update you are possibly download the car icons and color schemes ad that you can try to set, you can also downloaded a color scheme editor and you can create your own with the help of this color scheme editor. So by this new feature it is possible to do the necessary uploading of the images and the icon to the TomTom.

There are no possibility to upload any of the image and the icon to the current version of the TomTom, so for that you have to reboot the Application MyTomTom and then you will able to update the TomTom with the new Icon so for that you have to open the browser and then there are the community in the site for the TomTom so if you wish then you can join those community and then you can go for the major update for the TomTom and after the major update it is possible to have the feature for the Setting of the Icon and the images.

Quote Originally Posted by AliaShaikh View Post
    Recently I was trying to set the image file on my TomTom via 1530, but however I was not able to do that so is there are any possibilities to do that. So if you guys have any of the information about the setting for the image file to the via 1530 then please suggest me. I have visited several site for the solution but still I have not find any of the tricks or any of the method that allow to set the image on the TomTom, so f you guys have any of the information about this topic then reply. If anybody can help I will be very pleased
    I am having the same problem w/ my Via 1535TM. I can u/l & display third party car icons, but not third party .bmp images associated w/ (and named the same as) third party POI .ov2 files. I have tried deleting and re- U/l'ing both files during the same MyTomTom session w/out success. All I get is a red dot for an icon, no matter what. I have tried both 22 x 22 and 24 x 24 pixel images, but neither display on the Via 1535.

I have a thread on the TomTom forum under `Third Party POI .bmp Image does not display', but so far no solution...
    Last edited by TheBeachBum; 20-04-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: sp correction

Hey TomTom Support! Do you ever read any of these? You should read some during the free time you have ignoring your own support forum...