Thread: Unable to detect tom tom home application when it connect to laptop

Unable to detect tom tom home application when it connect to laptop

This laptop is brand new. Present are some keys that will not work now from time to time. I cannot repeat any input quickly, I have to stay a moment before remarkable the key the second time, for example: little, letter, tople, backspace, figure keypad as fine will not work. I have to use the numeral keys at the top of the keyboard! My earlier laptop ongoing is doing this so I purchase a USB keyboard. Same troubles. Return that keyboard and exchange for a different one.

Re: Unable to detect tom tom home application when it connect to laptop

Yep! You read correctly! At the risk of sounding stupid, I bought a new wireless mouse and added it and I think all this started when I added this mouse. But, surely it can't be something as simple as that? Could the mouse driver installation process have done something to the keyboard drivers or something? I did try uninstalling the mouse on the old computer, with no change in results. Both computers are Dell 1700 series, Inspiring.

Thank you so much for your help! It actually wasn't the mouse. I am almost to embarrassed to say what it actually was, but that's what I get for making things too complicated sometimes! Ends up it was simply a change to the settings in the Ease of Use folder! Got those changes done, after uninstalling the mouse, which I have since reinstalled, and everything is working like it should now! Well, maybe except for me. Again, thank you so much for your help!

Both systems are Dell 1700 series, and then it is likely they have very similar hardware configurations. It sounds as though the mouse is causing a driver conflict. Try uninstalling the mouse and restarting your computers. If the problems go away, then that is your problem.

I estimate the easiest object would be to call Dell, but I disgust that thinking! I don't like giving them remote access!!! I can usually figure these belongings out, but I previously have not felt well and I just haven't feel like dealing with it! I know...lazy! I just want an important person to do it for me! LOL I'll check for any suggestion here before calling Dell tomorrow. Thank you for your help