Thread: battery not working properly for tomtom go 2505

battery not working properly for tomtom go 2505

Actually I have bought the tomtom go 2505 last month , but from past three to four days there some problem seems to my tomtom go 2505 whenever I keep the device for the charging and after the battery is charged , when I try to remove the plug from the device what happens is my device switches off . I don’t understand what the matter is do any one know the tips for the battery to keep it charged and my device also.

Re: battery not working properly for tomtom go 2505

This seems something weird . till now I haven’t come to this like issue . TomTom battery comes with very good battery life then I don’t understand why you have the baatery issue . anyways if you have the battery saving issue then I would provide you with some tips . what you have to do is go to the settings and then go to the power saving mode and enable it . I think doing this would help you to minimize the power and consume the less energy from your battery .

The issue you are talking about was the just same with me . I had the go 1050 and was working nice for a period of months but suddenly what problem persisted is that the whenever I removed the plug from the car charger , the device switches off. I tried almost everything , I tried to reboot the device several times , I tried to restore the factory settings , but still there was no solution coming out. Then when I went to the customer care support and talked about the issue they said that you battery is not in good condition and you need to change the battery . after changing the battery now it has been a month and I don’t have any issue regarding the battery. I think there might be a same problem with you . for clarifying it completely , I must say that you should also contact the customer care and clarify the doubts. Before it becomes too late.

Yes … he is right ..as you have mentioned that the there ids the battery problem in your device and showing full charge when connected to the external plug but switches off when removing the plug . for this I can recommend you should go for buying the new battery and I don’t think so it would cost you more .

I have the same issue with my device also when kept the device for the charging , the battery meter shows me that the battery have 92% charged ,but when I remove the device from the external plug .I see that the device is turned off . and when I go travelling in the car and connect my device for charging I see that the battery does not charge properly and this happens same when connected to the computer . sometimes what happens when the device is kept for the charging with external plug , I see the device turns off automatically even when connected to the external plug . I don’t know what is the exact issue . is the issue is with my device or else there is a battery problem.

One of my friend has suggested for contacting to the customer support they would definitely solve the problem . even I think it is a better option to opt for.

Yes whatever you friend has suggested I think it is correct . you should definitely visit the customer care support or call the customer care for technical assistance. I think those guys are one who will sove the issue . and as your issue is something different . so I would suggest you to go once and clear out your doubts .

As you have said to contact the customer support for this issue . I went to the customer support and talked about the issue . I told him the problems I was facing and what happened when kept on charging. They told me that they could not resolve this type of the issue because the fault was with the battery and battery could not be repaired. After that they told me I had an option to go with the RMA or return the device. I opted the RMA rather then returning the device. The support staff replaced the battery and now the battery is working fine and has no issue. I was given assurance from the support staff that if any problem persists further, I can contact them directly and the battery will be replaced again.

The only solution for the battery not working for device is that the change the battery and get the new one , because battery does not get repaired only can be replaced . so go for the new battery.