Thread: Seagate GoFlex Satellite performance is not good

Seagate GoFlex Satellite performance is not good

Guys I have made this thread to just let you all know that I am not at all happy with the Seagate GoFlex Satellite performance at all. at first I was very much impressed with some of the videos that showed the features of this device but eventually it did not work well with me at all. I wanted to watch a full movie so for the initial 60 minutes I did wait a long time to see if the movie has transferred or not it wasn’t I thought it might have been transferred so I started with the video and it played very well with in first 30 minutes then after that it is started to stop and it was getting stopped every 1 minute and that increased my frustration, so I had to stop the movie and get back to work.

It is always better to load the movie directly in the iPad then to play it via satellite its really not worth considering at all.

Re: Seagate GoFlex Satellite performance is not good

So it can be a possibility that the data loading would have taken some time and hence that’s why it was taking some time since a lot of things depend on the wifi as well so it is always advisable to see if there is no defunct in the wifi. So that’s one thing that you should check it for sure.

In fact I would say that you should have a check of the battery as well. Check if the red light is getting displayed or not and if it is getting displayed then you should charge the device that’s what I am saying here. also remember that range of the Satellite is only about 150 feet, so if you are going away from it then you would end up loosing the connection as well. Plus the more the far the device the slower will be the speed of downloading as well. One mor thing that you should have a check is that you are not keeping your device next to the wireless transmitter like a cordless phone base unit or a network router. It can affect the signal quality as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RidD View Post
    In fact I would say that you should have a check of the battery as well. Check if the red light is getting displayed or not and if it is getting displayed then you should charge the device that’s what I am saying here. also remember that range of the Satellite is only about 150 feet, so if you are going away from it then you would end up loosing the connection as well. Plus the more the far the device the slower will be the speed of downloading as well. One mor thing that you should have a check is that you are not keeping your device next to the wireless transmitter like a cordless phone base unit or a network router. It can affect the signal quality as well.
    You know what I have had a check about all the possibilities that you have mentioned and also made sure that the battery was charged. Plus the device was kept in a very close distance as well not far away. Say 6 feet away.

Now what you have to say about the same, can you please tell me where could I have gone wrong here. please do advise me on that waiting for the reply.

GoFlex Satellite also suffers from overheating problem and hence you should have a check about the same, so that’s what you should be checking here for sure, so that’s what I am saying here. make sure that you carry on some measures by which you would be able to keep the device cool.

You know what GoFlex Satellite does not searches all the songs and pictures that I got from iTunes I know that’s a strange problem but I have noticed that me and many of my friends are also having this problem. God knows what can be the solution here since I cant see all the songs and the media files that I had brought from iTunes in the Satellite. Do anyone have got a solution about the same then do reply over here, that will be much better for me that’s what I feel here, so do reply accordingly over here. waiting for the response from you all.

I think a firmware ,update would solve all the problem that you are getting right now so do have a look at them accordingly and get the problem solved. Do visit the official page of the Seagate and you will be getting all the necessary firmware update there and then download the latest firmware for the satellite. It will solve the problem for sure.

The device is very much unstable in spite of the firmware update that has been given to it I did not find the firmware update anything interesting at all, that’s what the issue is. Now what do you all have to say about the same.

Since you all have suggested firmware update yes firmware did brought a positive change and that is of streaming of videos that’s it and nothing else. I could not see any changes in the interface at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post
    GoFlex Satellite also suffers from overheating problem and hence you should have a check about the same, so that’s what you should be checking here for sure, so that’s what I am saying here. make sure that you carry on some measures by which you would be able to keep the device cool.
    The guy who had mentioned about the instability being an issue over here I must say that it would be a perfect response over here since as soon as I brought ventilation into charge over here that brought some change in the performance.

It really brought some difference is the performance and also the video straming was quite good and I was very much happy with the performance then. So wi ould like to thanks you all for the changes that you had got here, appreciate the work that you have made over here. appreciate your response as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BahaDurr View Post
    Guys I have made this thread to just let you all know that I am not at all happy with the Seagate GoFlex Satellite performance at all. at first I was very much impressed with some of the videos that showed the features of this device but eventually it did not work well with me at all. I wanted to watch a full movie so for the initial 60 minutes I did wait a long time to see if the movie has transferred or not it wasn’t I thought it might have been transferred so I started with the video and it played very well with in first 30 minutes then after that it is started to stop and it was getting stopped every 1 minute and that increased my frustration, so I had to stop the movie and get back to work.

It is always better to load the movie directly in the iPad then to play it via satellite its really not worth considering at all.

I agree with you. I am also facing the same problem since the time I purchased this harddisk 2 years back.- Hari