Thread: Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus: not getting recognize

Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus: not getting recognize

In the last night I have already replaced my router with the new Cisco Linksys E3200. And for taking the full of music and movie backups, I get the new OneTouch 4 Plus 500. After the external HDD which was formatted as NTFS showed up as being an empty HDD that was hard to find. I get the problem over here and th eprobm is that when I am trying to connect this one with my system at that time I found that it is not getting reconnected. I am scared that if I lose 500GB worth of audio and video I will never have the time to copy it back digitally, any suggestions in this cause??

Re: Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus: not getting recognize

I will suggest you to check on the Device Manager or on the Disk Management. You ca get this by following the steops as:
    • Right-click "Computer"
    • Click "Manage"
    • Open "System Tools"
    • Open "Device Manager"

I will suggest you to check on the Disk Drives, I am sure that there you will find that your drive should be listed under that. Or else check on the USB Mass Storage Device. Because it might happens that your device should be listed over there.

Me also having the Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus and the problem related woith this is Computers would no longer identify its files, format or size. And while trying to connect this at that time I can only see the existing files only there. I figured I am going to throw it away anyway, so I tore the outside case off with a screw driver. I am sure that my hard dirve is working so fine over here and Something in the circuit board in the case must have gone bad; it’s no wonder considering how hot the hard drive gets.

I am also facing the same problem over here and I can say that all of a sudden, my Windows 7 PC says that my Maxtor OneTouch4 Plus is occupied. I am sure that I have connected this one with the L drive under the Disk Management but here I can see that in the system it is not there anymore. Even the L drive doesn't show up on the disk list. Any suggestions will be greatly respected.

Here first tell me that have you tried the drive with using in the another computer? And do you happen to keep in mind if there was a system update to your Windows 7 machine recently, about the time the drive stopped being recognized?

Hey friends, I also have the similar problem and the in my computer this is showing the alert for the
    network adapters computer or device manager but there also I found that the drive is not showing up.
    • 6TO4 Adapter
    • isatap.home
    • Microsoft 6 to 4 adapter

I have also checked on the computer or device manager btu there also it is not showing up. Is that si the problem in my cause or it is related with the something other thing? Please reply me back.

I would like to say here that the adapter you listed here is a network adapter and has no influence on your Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus drive being detected. So for that reason first tell me that have you tried moving the drive to another computer and checked the Device Manager there? If not hten try to do that and this will really help in your cause. I am not sure about this but hope that this will help you.

yes, I have also done this steps. And when I tried Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus connecting with the other computer at that time I found that in that computer also this is not working. I think that this problem is related with the drivers only. What you all will say in this cause?