Thread: what are your views on automatic sample downloading in kindles.

what are your views on automatic sample downloading in kindles.

I see that Nook owners nowadays are waking up with book samples that are downloaded automatically to their Nooks. These are samples they never ordered. So what if Amazon did that, what are your views? Also how many samples are downloaded? How often?

Re: what are your views on automatic sample downloading in kindles.

If Amazon did that I would never buy the book because it was very annoying for me .hence I hated my kindle of being cluttered and I wanted to pick the books that I want to read. I didn’t like that idea at all. Because I didn’t look at any of the samples myself, hence it would be irritating to have to delete them. Initially, 4 - 6 samples are downloaded the first time. Afterward, it downloads different samples based on your buying history. In fact I was very annoyed the first time (since there's no way to delete the samples off your Nook Color - you have to delete them via your B&N account over the web) so I disabled the feature and haven't used it since.

If I woke up every day to find dozens or hundreds of samples downloaded, I would throw away my kindle. I feel that it could be called spam. I'd hate it just as much as if I woke up every morning with crap in my inbox for email. Also think it's a great idea for Nook to make money but a horrible idea for their customers and that’s very annoying.

I do have Kindle since February 2009 and I've never once downloaded a sample. So it’s very clear to say that It would be extremely annoying if my Kindles starts getting cluttered with automatically downloaded samples. I wouldn't have a problem with it if there was a way to turn the automatic downloads off. But if not, then I’d probably get another brand of e-reader and sell my Kindles.

I hadn't heard about it yet. But I still feel it’s a great way for Barnes and Noble to earn extra money. But if I owned a Nook, I think I'd be really upset. This is because I find my own books and my own sources for what books to read and so I can handle it myself. Automatically loaded samples would be nothing but junk mail to sort through that of no use. Hence I scratch my head when I look at Amazon's recommendations for me.