Thread: Acer aspire net book keys not working

Acer aspire net book keys not working

I have windows vista home premium as OS in my laptop. Every thing was working fine but recently control keys have stopped working all of a sudden. Both the keys are not working. I even removed the sticky keys,shortcut keys but nothing is working. So what I need to do

Re: Acer aspire net book keys not working

Even I encountered this problem for the first time. My CTRL+C & CTRL+V keys would not copy and paste. I even tried a reboot but it didn't help. Then I noticed that I have a ps2 mouse and keyboard, both plugged into a USB adapter. Just unplugged the USB adapter and reclogged it in and saw that the keys were working normally again. It really seems odd that resetting the USB connection resolved the issue and a restart didn’t fixed it, but at least it was a simple fix.

I too had this same problem in Word, in MS Office 2007 on newly installed Windows 7 OS. The reason of this was a keyboard switch with a certain key sequence. So to recover from this you need to check the tiny language icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. Here you can see that it got switched from Standard English US keyboard to English multilingual .So I just went and removed all English keyboards except US. And now I don’t have any CTRL key problems.

I think the problem behind this may be that you have installed windows updates. It is because of these updates that some functions stops working. Even I addressed a similar case like this. But then i restored my system and everything was normal.

One reason for this kind of problem may be that you might have already assigned these as hotkeys for another program like Skype. And might be that you may be experiencing this when both programs are running simultaneously. So you need to turn off the program in which these keys are assigned as hot keys. Also it normally comes in when you have your laptop on for long periods of inactivity, so just load back in control panel and it will resolve the issue.

I think this issue can also be related with the driver software of the keyboard. It might be that be the driver software of the keyboard for this Acer Aspire One laptop is damaged or corrupted. So you need to install the driver software of the keyboard in the laptop again. This will definitely fix the issue for you. If not you can use the external keyboard with the laptop till the problem gets resolved

This FN issue will be resolved if this is related with the software or with operating system of the laptop. I think you should do the system restore of your Acer Aspire One laptop.Restoring the laptop settings on the date when the FN key was working properly will definitely resolve the FN key issue of the ACER laptop which you are having. And will take the laptop to the date when it was working fine.