Thread: How to fix HDMI to DVI through update In Boxee box

How to fix HDMI to DVI through update In Boxee box

I am having a Boxee Box Media Steamer and I am looking for a solution to fix HDMI to DVI issue my current firmware version is 1.1.1.19092 .So I just wanted to know that which version will I have to downloads in order to fix the HDMI to DVI issue and I also needed a detail instruction to install it as well. Is there anyone who have tried doing this before and have got a success in doing so as well.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

re: How to fix HDMI to DVI through update In Boxee box

You have to download the 1.1.3.19252 version of the firmware and then name the file as boxee.iso and maintain the same name and then Copy the boxee.iso file to a thumb drive and then make sure that you eject the drive after copying all the files in to it rather than just removing the drive.After you copy the files just switch off the boxee box and then switch it on by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds and after you will release it the boxee box will appear with its logo and this time it will be in orange color and when the recovery menu appears just connect the drive to it and then select the Upgrade from USB option from the menu and then follow the instruction respectively.

I will like to inform you that the boxee box will automatically prompt you for a update when it will be available and it will prompt you to download the latest firmware at the startup itself and in order to check that what are the new available versions. What all you have to do is just go to the restart and then go in to Settings > System > Check for new version of Boxee. After you find the available latest version if you want to download it and if you have any problem in downloading it to your computer then you can very well copy it on a flash drive and later you can use the same drive to install the firmware on the Boxee Box.

This solution has really worked for me I really did not expected that I will be able to fix my solution so quickly. I am really surprised by it I previously thought that updating to a latest firmware manually might have a lot of mess but after following the above solution it was quite simple to perform. I thought that we need a factory reset to update the firmware but it did not required in this solution but I just want to know that what is the use of the "Up,Right,Down,Left,Up,Right,Down,Left" which appears when the screen is black.

The problem I am facing is that when I am trying to update the software I am getting a error 0x320 every time. Somehow I was able to ignore this error and when I tried to update the software in boxee box setting > update>check for new version and after finding the latest one when I was still unable to install it and I was getting the same error again for every tries I made. Is there anyone who has an idea about this error and can help me to solve it out? Any help will be appreciated.

I have come across this error in some forums that I have visited previously where people have been getting the error 0x320 when they were trying to install the latest firmware and there was one solution that was found to be helpful. According to it what all you have to do is when you enter the recovery mode just try to do a restore factory setting in the start and when you get the same error again just disconnect the boxee from the power and then reconnect it and try it again and this time you won’t face the same error and then update through the Setting > update> Check for update and then download and install the latest version you are willing to have.

I have tried to follow the above solutions but the problem I am getting now is that when I am trying to connect the Boxee to TV using the HDMI cable and then when I am performing the press and hold method I am getting the orange logo this time but then it just keeps on saying loading and it is not taking me to the settings screen and after some minutes the logo again starts flashing Red and Green and keeps on saying loading. Any further help will be appreciated.

I have been getting the error 0x315 and also the 0x320 but I was somehow able to update it but it did not worked for me and I was getting a black screen and nothing else. Later when I tried to update it again then it suddenly worked for me and when I restarted then I got a flashing red/green logo but then there was nothing else and I was just not able to navigate to the settings. I don’t know what is wrong and I have by now tried all the possible solution that I could have but nothing seems to be helping. Any further help will be appreciated.

The problem I am facing is that I am only having two options in the settings are 480p and 1080i or 1080p and I am not able to make out which one to choose. I have experienced that my tv can do up to 1080i but then when I try for 1080p than it does not work. After following the new update method I am very well able to reboot but then it gets stuck at the display options and I have also found that the 480p and 1080 is not working. I have been trying to go from HDMI to DVI using a single cable and I am trying to go for the stereo to the TV but I am getting messed with the setup. Any further suggestion will be appreciated.

Have you tried to change the overscan settings if not then go in to the Settings>>Display and then you will find the below options just try to change then and check if they are helping:
    • Screen resolution
    • Test & apply resolution
    • Match screen refresh rate to video
    • Screen format & overscan...
    • Test Patterns...
    • Check for defective pixels...