Thread: Boxee box is losing all the saved settings

Boxee box is losing all the saved settings

Hi, I have a Boxee box that I used to connect it with my HDTV, but the problem is like whenever I power off the machine and get It power on again it just lose all the setting that I have made on it.

Whenever I start the BOX it requests me to enter my boxee username and password then goes into initial setup. It drops my sources and the whole thing. The only thing that appears to stay are my repositories but nothing more than that. It was terrible enough it locking up as the last upgrade now this is ludicrous. Anyone else having this issue? Is there any solution for this?

Re: Boxee box is losing all the saved settings

see I am not getting whether you are using the BOX for seeing the TV channels or you have installed the software for the same? Because see if you are using any software then let me tell you as there could be some problem with the software that you are using, and that’s why it would be better if you try reinstalling the software again.

And this time don’t install it from the same setup rather download it again from here.

- Hey thanks for the kind suggestion you have given but still I am having a BOX at my resident and I am not using any such software in my machine.

whenever you made any settings on your machine, do you save it or not. Because see whenever we made any changes to the settings it just applied till we shut off the machine and after that they just gets disappeared. And that’s why I would like to suggest you that after changing the settings and everything you should save them without failure and then see what happens.

Once I was also having the same problem with the box but after saving those settings everything seems to be fine and working very well.

I don't remember considering anyone post this earlier than but at a guess, I'd say the NVRAM that’s the RAM that stores all such settings and information while power cycled off has gone bad !

Thus have you tried a factory reset since this started? If not then I would you should go ahead with this and see whether the same thing happens or not.

thanks for the suggestion again but the thing is like while i go to factory reset it just gets hanged rather stuck for a a small number of seconds at 0% and then i get message saying "Operation failed, Error Code 0x320".

I did a settings reset but it still looses all settings while i boot the box again. Any more suggestion left?

According to me the only last suggestion left for resolving this is like to update the firmware installed on your BOX because it seems that the current running software gets corrupted for sure.

So just try reinstalling the software again in your machine, and if you are not aware how to do that you can have option to contact the support center for the same and let those people help you out for this trouble.