Thread: Time limit advertising on home page of boxee box

Time limit advertising on home page of boxee box

I cover up being using the Boxee Box from last month .I am not a mad to concerning the random show that come into view on the Home page, I further do not mind them. A few of them contain be truly cool. From previous night I control the object to observe what looks similar for the Wall Street Journal and one more for tax advice. Admittedly I didn't look at them (I am not interest in them), so maybe I'm wrong about them being ads. In fact really upset to see this and it occur to me that all these slots become a typical adds with no more fun so there is no control over it like a “fake “this is good for few months then after I am suffer as D-link Then after I decided it a right time to start generate more revenue, I actually don't feel like this thing in my living room.

Re: Time limit advertising on home page of boxee box

I am completely incorrect .D-link has not anything to do with the software (it’s a firmware) on the device, or it will be doing promoting within it. D-link is creating their funds from the hardware. Boxee Inc is making money starting from sales and ads inside the software. I am confident that there will be improvement to the homepage in appropriate way.

I appreciation for the clarification. Of course, it doesn't actually matter. Replace with "Boxee Inc" for "D-Link" in with the aim of sentence and I assume it becomes "absolutely correct". More importantly, the concern is still just as related. I am not confident for a job opening for a UI person means everything here. Used for this to improve my concern, Boxee Inc would contain to be ready to let us hide their advertising, which is distrustful IMO.

I observe that where you are coming from however I have to respectfully disagree. Suggestive advertising is only a benefit. While it is non disturbing and is only suggestive of rather you might wish for watch, not knowing if you have a movie or not... not knowing if you like movies as regards taxes or not, but it simply suggesting "Hey, here is a good quality movie you might wish for watch". Hell, if it's in your collection of local storage movies, you may just watch it because it reminded you of how good that movie was your attention in watching it again. As long as they don’t come up with full page ads or a quantity of flash error makes a Verizon ad flicker on my display on and off until I have a bother, it's simply suggestive and ok in my book.

It is similar to think that in addition, but I cover no idea if it's proper. One of the videos that I mostly enjoyed (which was in one of the home screen slots) is called "A Tiny Day in Jackson Hole", which I suppose from Video. It is hard used for me to visualize that Boxee was making extremely a great deal on money on a small independent video like that. I disgust to see things like that give way to traditional ads.

I think that my difficulty is on these two items (wall street journal and taxes) do not observe indicative at all, and I observe no assure that these slots are still intended to be indicative. Nothing like other content that I contain seen in those slots, these two appeared as fully uninteresting commercials with no connection to my media collection or watching habits. I won't go too far in judging them since I didn't really watch them, but I'll do that tonight and report back. Whenever it occurred to me they will fill the slots whatever you wish for they could bring me on extra revenue if they were concerned content user (interesting movie etc.) if these slots which absorb a vast part of my screen real estate become not anything more than product advertisements.

Never do I absolutely pay for it and may be they don't create a few money on those videos. But I can’t judge on that they would backup my concern. Would not Boxee Inc be tempted to restore "fun" content like Vimeo, with "beneficial" content like ads for the WSJ? And wouldn't that be annoying? I know, this is all approximate and theoretical. But I'd be motivated to see this happen; mostly because I feel like this device is previously priced at a payment and I shouldn't have to contract with product ads.