Thread: Boxee Box don't play Sony MP4 Video files

Boxee Box don't play Sony MP4 Video files

Hello friends, does any individual know what Boxee will not play MP4 video files Sony? I have the picture and sound but no picture. I have the latest update to date and still no video. Any ideas about it, so please tell me about it and also what you have to say about it. So please tell me and also you have the solution about it. Thanking you all in advance for the suggestion you are giving to me.

Re: Boxee Box don't play Sony MP4 Video files

If I keep in mind correctly, mp4 is a container. It is likely that the definite type of video is not compatible with Boxee (assuming that this comes from a Sony video camera?) Google / Download / install / run "mediainfolite" in one of these files and after leaving here and Prosper424 must be able to say for sure.

Yes, this is not going to play, because even though it is an mp4, which uses the Sony PSP (MSNV) codec, which is owned by Sony and is not compatible with hardware accelerated playback, so the Boxee Box needs for HD video playback. May or may not be an option for the camera to record in a different format, or may be an option in the editing software to export to another format, whether you should try. If you are stuck with this codec, then yes, you have to convert to another format. Guide to do this in my signature. Puto Sony ... I'm surprised that the audio is not ATRAC3

I tried before downloading some 1080p. Clip of meters of a photo review site. Apparently one of the video formats to choose from in the latest Sony cameras (not sure about video cameras though). It plays fine in Boxee box, but the image only occurred after 1-2 seconds. I'm looking for the Sony DSC-HX9V camera, that's why I tried this.