Thread: How to update the Boxee Box software

How to update the Boxee Box software

Hello friends, I want to update the Boxee Box software and I do not know that how to do it and also if you are having the method then please tell me about it. I really want to update the software of the Boxee Box, so please people tell me how to do it and also from where I can get it and also what is the perfect method to do it. The suggestion and the method which you will give to me will really help me and also I can update the software of the Boxee Box. So kindly tell me that how to do it and also the method to do it, thank you.

Re: How to update the Boxee Box software

Your Boxee Box automatically prompts (if available) to download the latest firmware at boot time. You can also check to see if a new version of firmware (without rebooting), go to Settings> Check> System for the new version of Boxee Box.

If you are still having trouble then you can download the firmware to a PC, copy it to a flash drive, and then install the firmware on the Boxee Box. Just following these instructions:
    • Download the latest firmware update Boxee Box from the Boxee Box firmware Update. The downloaded file will be called boxee.iso, and that the name should be kept
    • Copy the file boxee.iso to a USB drive. Be sure to correctly extract the flash drive after copying the file
    • Switch Off the Boxee Box.
    • Turn on the Boxee Box by pressing and holding the power button for 6-10 seconds. After his release, the box will start with the logo turned orange
    • After the recovery menu, connect your flash drive to the Boxee box, wait 2 seconds, then select USB update menu and follow the onscreen instructions

Well as you will update the software then you will be able to do connect the Boxee Box with the iPad and you will be able to have Boxee features on the iPad, so you it is better to do the update.

I have the following features which are been improved and also better after the updating the Boxee Box Software, so you better check the following effects which will taken affect in it:
    • Networking & File Playback: Additional support for Apple Filing Protocol (AFP), has additional support for Network File System (NFS), improved support for SMB / CIFS shares, Boxee has additional support for Media Manager, and the actions consolidated network under the name of the server
    • Interface: Ability to filter premium content sources such as HBOGo, VUDU, etc. in the library (Netflix not included), rearranged the library applications, the new "Featured Applications" section, updated the application categories, support for searching inside a video first right / left click (when OSD is not already open), the search forward is now 10 seconds instead of 5, "Go to the letter" sidebar in libraries now shows the location current letter
    • Browser: Enhanced the HTML 5 video support.
    • Settings: Rearrange the display settings left intact previous data, additional support for YUV422 and YUV444 HDMI output, additional HDMI support for 30 and 36 bit color, "HDMI Black Level" now set RGB "High and Low".

The update is been easily available on the internet and also you will be able to get the method to do it, but the above user has told you the perfect method to do it and also you should try it.

It worked well for me. As last week, Boxee failed to connect to the Internet and network shows extremely little Wi-Fi signal strength, but neighbors give the impression to contain 3 full bars, while two Wi-Fi was showing a bar. I tried to restore factory settings, which worked well, but it will not upgrade to the latest firmware. To start downloading and reach about 90% and left alone. So I'm glad I was able to find this unofficial version for a manual update. I hope this fixes the small number of problems I've been experiencing lately.

The update is been easily available on the internet and also you will be able to update the firmware of the Boxee Box, and the above user has told what changes is been added after updating the firmware.