Thread: Wireless setting for Boxee Box

Wireless setting for Boxee Box

Hello friends, I want to know the wireless setting of the Boxee Box and I am not able to do the setting on it. So I want the help on it and if you are having the method how to do it then please tell me about it and also how to do the settings of the wireless. I really want to connect my Boxee Box with other devices which I use to watch the TV. So please tell me that how to do it and what is the perfect method to do it, I really wanted to connect the Boxee Box with the TV and also with the Laptop, so that I can see the TV on both of them at any period of time. If you are having the similar problem with it then please share over here and let me know what it is. Thank you.

Re: Wireless setting for Boxee Box

If you change your router / AP configuration, do not forget to make sure that you’re other customers across the wireless network - PC / laptops / streamers / NAS /... - You are still associated and there is no could do with to transform your settings.

I contain Linksys WRT54G set with presently WPA Personal and TKIP and well connected. However, during the installation of Boxee Box does not initially connect, while the SSID was not broadcasting. It's funny; I started to pass and then connected with the same configuration. Then shut diffusion. So you can try it and I think you will be able to solve the problem and also you will be able to get the box connected to the TV and also to your Laptop and you will be able to work on it and also you will be able to get the problem solved completely.

My router works with TKIP and no problem too. You must change the settings if you have problems. And then also you will be able to find the answer on the internet and also you will be able to solve the problem which you are not able to do it.

Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) is not compatible with the 802.11n specification will be AES only. Depending on the router (s), some will go to a mode of inheritance pre-standard 802.11n, and do with TKIP, some not. To be certified FMA, from (I think in 2011 or 2012) will not be able to get the WFA certification unless they are only AES 802.11n. So if your Wi-Fi 802.11n router is configured to use TKIP, the change that Boxee and use AES. Otherwise, it is a strong bet in the way that Wi-Fi router and negotiate Boxee device link rate, and it is likely that (in most cases) that run on rates inheritance.

I am having trouble accessing my wireless network hidden 5 GHz so I'll try if it works or not, if it works then I will tell you to follow which the above user have told to do it.

I include not concealed network by means of WPA2-PSK (AES). From time to time cannot connect with both the original 1.0 firmware and the firmware bring up to date. I can enter setup wireless network fine, apply the settings and it still fails. On the other hand, I have to work when I click "Cancel" in the "Network not found" and do again the network wizard. And sometimes it works great. I contain a pair of additional PC and a PS3 successively wireless technology very well. I notice no log or error point to help with diagnosis.

I think this is a problem with Boxee box, do not wait long enough for the wireless installation. How the wireless signal for your network is shows Boxee? Could it be that is a sign of weakness

I only changed when the box would not accept my password after the last update. The box "sees" the Wi-Fi signal very well and is well-built. Only discards the password is all lowercase. I really do not know what could be the problem. So far always been one of the things he asked. A new version released in a couple of days. Could you wait until it hits the market? Includes pair of bug fixes. I know it's not convenient, but I have nothing more to offer at this time.

I have ad link router and all that I connect to it fine, but when I use Boxee is my Wi-Fi, but does not connect, then try to enter things manually, which ultimately will tell the network configured properly or something but remains still in offline mode, no matter what I do, I do not use any security on my router.