Thread: usb ports stopped working in hp pavilion dv4-2160us

usb ports stopped working in hp pavilion dv4-2160us

In my hp pavilion dv4-2160us laptop USB ports has stopped working suddenly. I don’t know what went wrong but this problem has started occurring suddenly. now please tell me what should I do to get rid of this issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: usb ports stopped working in hp pavilion dv4-2160us

Well according to me you have to first open the device manager in your laptop and after that you have to see whether there is any warning symbol like exclamation mark beside the USB device or not. if there is exclamation mark then I think you need to reinstall the USB drivers and then your problem will get solved.

If you have already tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the USB drivers and after that also if you are getting the same problem then you have to restart your hp pavilion dv4-2160us laptop and after restarting the hp pavilion dv4-2160us laptop you have to press F8 and then you have to select the last known good configuration and then start the laptop and after that check whether it makes any difference or not. as far as I know this will help you to get rid of this issue.

if you have created any restore point in your laptop then you should also try to solve this problem by doing the system restore in your laptop. try to do the system restore in your laptop and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

Try above solution and see what the situation is.

If you don’t know about how to do the system restore then you have to follow these steps.

• First you have to click on the start menu.
    • After that you have to select the programs.
    • Now after that you have to select the accessories.
    • After that click on the system tools option
    • Now select the system restore option and then follow the screen instruction.

I have read your solution I have first tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the USB drivers but after reinstalling the USB drivers in my laptop also I was getting the same issue and then I have also tried the system restore with no luck.

is there any other way to solve this problem than please let me know.

There were similar problem with my laptop also and after that I have reinstalled the chipset drivers in my hp pavilion dv4-2160us laptop and after that USB ports has started working normally. I think you can also try this solution and after that your problem might get solved.

if after reinstalling the chipset drivers in your hp pavilion dv4-2160us laptop also if you are getting the same issue then you have to restore the system setting and after that all the solution problem will get solved. You can also contact the HP support and ask them for the solution regarding this problem.