Thread: Laptop Battery drains out and shuts down Without Warning

Laptop Battery drains out and shuts down Without Warning

I have been using HP HDX 1005EA laptop which is 18 months old with Windows 7 x6. From the past couple of months, while I running it on battery, the battery will set free devoid of caution and laptop would right away switch off. It won’t switch on again. I have to plug the AC adapter. When I boot like this, it starts and showing that still 30% battery charge remaining.

I tried totally discharging the battery as well as doing a complete recharge, re-installing the ACPI drivers, in addition to the Intel chipset drivers. I upgraded each and every one my hardware drivers to the most up-to-date obtainable from the HP website, every to no benefit. My BIOS is running on the newest existing edition as well.

Can anyone help me out from this trouble?

Re: Laptop Battery drains out and shuts down Without Warning

I fear depends on the battery ... how long you have the notebook? You can post the hardware? I fear that issue depend on poor quality of the battery components combined with "heavy" in terms of consumption ... fell below the 50% nn the battery provides enough power to keep alive the notebook .

Almost certainly it is an overheating problem. Try turning it on cold to see how many minutes are on. As it becomes warmer and under "hot" will stay lit up less and less time to go out almost immediately. If this is your case then try to clean under the slits of a compressor or fans with cans of compressed air to remove dust from the fins and the fans themselves. To complete the work it would be best to dismantle the chassis of the notebook to reach the sink and replace the thermal paste that tends to dry out after a long time.

Many users have complained that causes problems with Windows 7 laptop batteries. Support forum for Windows 7, write from users who notice how the battery lasts a little less than in XP, to others that tell how your battery is almost useless. Although still not sure that Windows 7 is the cause of all problems, since Microsoft is investigating this flaw, which they believe could be related to the PC firmware, in charge of notifying the battery and if it needs substitution.

According to the story, it may be because Windows manages the EPROM wrongly batteries. And this may be causing some models remain as blocked. Seems to have happened in certain models of Dell and LG.

I think that you need to define the low battery capacity at 10% and add one that it inform at low capacity, but should do nothing else.

The critical capacity battery you define to 5% with Action sleep when on battery power.

Maybe the problem is with your battery. I was at my old notebook and times: The battery life is approximately 20% collapsed suddenly, so was immediately performed the action for the critical battery level, without having previously been a warning for low battery could be issued. The warning because of "low battery" I always get to see after powering up from sleep mode.

This is common in Windows Vista; follow these steps to see if it solves your problem:
    • Remove the battery to your laptop.
    • Click with the right mouse button in your task bar and do another click on properties.
    • Then in taskbar and start menu properties click on notification area, then on systems icons.
    • Put a check mark where it says power click apply and then ok.
    • Return the battery to your laptop and reboot.

If you have an HP laptop and are having trouble with the battery, then here is the thing. HP (finally) informs its customers that there is a great shot or manufacturing defective batteries, which are reheated in excess, not loading as they should, ultimately do not work well. If your battery works well personally I would advise you to read our story to the end, and that will happen later. If you are registered customer, you probably have received notification via e-mail. This program is designed to solve a problem encountered with certain battery packs used in certain HP notebooks, HP Pavilion, HP Compaq and Compaq. HP customers will be entitled to receive a replacement battery pack free of charge for each battery pack that meets the requirements.

I do not think that the problem of the battery and the hard disk could influence whether the computer spengesse, if anything did not boot if the hard drive corrupted the bios giving an error loading the operating system and you would have found if Short of having the notebook on battery or not you just lit up with the battery inserted, or that simply unplugging the power remains on.

I think this problem caused by older BIOS, is already well identified and discussed in the network. I also I have the windows 7 mounted on a HP laptop that originally had Windows XP, and from the beginning I indicated that I should change the battery. From HP say they are studying the problem and find a solution.