Thread: HP Pavilion st948: CD\DVD is not recognized.

HP Pavilion st948: CD\DVD is not recognized.

Hey all, I am having the new HP Pavilion st948 which is running on the windows XP. And it was working fine except the one problem. And the problem is that when I am trying with the inserting the CD or DVD at that time CD or DVD is not getting recognized. I have also tried with the so many of the fixes for that but I get that nothing is working in my cause. please suggest me any suggestion to get resolve that problem. And one more problem is that when I look in the registry for the upper/lower filters at that time I can see only the 001, 002, 003 etc. suggest me any other way to find upper/lower filters to remove & reboot?

Re: HP Pavilion st948: CD\DVD is not recognized.

I think that if there is not any entry In the registry for the upper and lower level filters then it might happens that they get removed. Try again to find them, if you don’t get them then, I will suggest you to do as directed in the below steps:-
    • Go to the next step and go to the Device Manager,
    • And then DVD/CDROM drives and right click on the yellow device
    • After this chooses uninstall then restart the computer.
    • wait a few minutes.
    • After this try to get the upper and lower level filters again and then I am sure that at this time you will get them.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion which you have suggested me in the above post. But suggestion is not working in my cause. And while trying with the suggestion there I get that there is no any error code in device manager. And also I tried with the all steps which you have suggested to me but they are not working also. I have also tried with the so many other suggestion but nothings happens to me. And also when I look in the my computer at that time I see that there is no d drive. But thanks for suggesting me about this all things.

For getting resolve this problem I will suggest you to download the XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip. and when I downloading get finished at that time save this file to the hard drive of your system. And after this try to navigate to the location where you have navigated this file and then extract the contents oof this file. And after this, you will find one EXE file on there and then double click on that File. After making sure that the file has been finished installation you will need to restart your system and then you can see the changes in your system. One more thing about this is, this application will works in the XP and also in the Vista.

Recently I have got the new PC and this is running on the Windows 64 bit. And I am having the new HP DVD840e in this. and after getting the suggestion about my problem I get that I have to download the CDBURNERXP for that. But there I get that Windows does not recognize USB Device etc. for that I followed some steops given by them to resolve the problem and after following them I get that the problem is get resolve. So I would like to suggest to follow the same steps to resolve your problem also. And the suggestion is as:
    • Connect USB to DVD
    • Connect USB to computer
    • Connect Power to DVD
    • Connect Power to wall
    • Install the software

While trying to get the drivers automatically I get that there is no drivers found automatically. I have also selected the location for that and there also it shows that no drivers found. I think that for that I will need to download the drivers from the outer side and there I will get the driver and then i will able to install then in the system. What will you all suggest me in this cause?

I can say here that running the CD-DVD Fix won't hurt your system. And also I think that it will remove the upper and lower filters automatically rather than doing the registry edit manually which can be tedious. But still you will not get your problems resolves. For that I think you will need the CD/DVD drivers to get resolve your problems.

I think that doing this all things must be there with the some problems, because I am having the latest PC at all. I came here to know that what will be the risks to doing this all things. Please tell me back if there will be some problem after following this all suggestion which you have suggested to me.

I think that in this cause you will no need to worry about this thing. For this you can also wait till the system recognizes the CD or DVD drives. It might happen that the system is slow and this need time to get recognize the external drives. If after this only it is not getting recognized then at that time I think that you have to check the connection by opening the mainboad. There must be the connection fault. Remove the connection for the DVD or CD which you are having with your system. This is because of there are times it happens that the system recognized them so late. So I think that if you wait for this then it might happens that you will get the drives again.

hey friends, thanks a lot for suggesting me about the suggestion in this cause. I tried with the all suggestion over here and I get that my system can recognize the CD or DVD drives, and also this al are working fine now. For resolving this I have downloaded the latest drivers and installed in the system and after that I get that all are start working fine.