Thread: Will there be a siri security flaw in iPhone 4S?

Will there be a siri security flaw in iPhone 4S?

I have seen that flaw happening in the iPhone 4 will the same thing be happening with the iPhone 4S? can you tell me something on the same, do reply on that it would be better if you can answer it out for me. that’s what I am saying here. in the iPhone 4 I could easily access voice controls by holding down the home button even while the phone is locked. So now I have been fearing that if I can do small activities then a potential person or hacker can be able to send mails or play songs even when the phone is locked. That would be my worst nightmare for sure. Anyways I am hoping to hear it from you all on the same. so do reply accordingly over that.

Re: Will there be a siri security flaw in iPhone 4S?

Quote Originally Posted by bIbEkS View Post
    I have seen that flaw happening in the iPhone 4 will the same thing be happening with the iPhone 4S? can you tell me something on the same, do reply on that it would be better if you can answer it out for me. that’s what I am saying here. in the iPhone 4 I could easily access voice controls by holding down the home button even while the phone is locked. So now I have been fearing that if I can do small activities then a potential person or hacker can be able to send mails or play songs even when the phone is locked. That would be my worst nightmare for sure. Anyways I am hoping to hear it from you all on the same. so do reply accordingly over that.
    Yes that can happen with the iPhone 4s as well, I am very much surprised that Apple people do allow the people to bypass the password feature with VoiceOver, that’s really strange for sure. Anyways I am hoping that security features should be improved with the iPhone 4s at least that’s what I am hoping for. Hope so it will be done for sure.

Yes nice that you got started with thread, even I had to make a notice on the same but glad that you did the beginning and that was really nice of you on the same, so now what I am saying is that security is the main issue with the iPhone and we should be looking at it. it is a big concern for the developers if the hackers can get an easy access to the phones information even when the phone is locked. Now I am planning to get the iPhone 4s but after hearing about this I am a bit scared to go and get one. that’s what taking me back. So now what do you can say about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bIbEkS View Post
    The phone needs to be unlocked to access the vital information’s like email, contacts, calendar and all. That’s what I know. So you cannot just access the information’s by holding down the locked button, it is not so simple to access the information of the phone without unlocking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Odalis View Post
    The phone needs to be unlocked to access the vital information’s like email, contacts, calendar and all. That’s what I know. So you cannot just access the information’s by holding down the locked button, it is not so simple to access the information of the phone without unlocking it.
    See that is not what we are discussing about it over here, it is not correct at all. the main issue si about the security flaws that are there in the phone. now the best example if you take, is of the voice recognition software, it allows us to get into t he phone when the voice matches and it does not even ask for the password as well, that is one thing that is making me worry a lot and I don’t know what will happen in the iPhone 4S surely it should have some good features. Otherwise it will not be a good deal at all, that’s what I feel over here.

See there is a option in the iPhone 4 if you were not knowing that enable/disable voice commands when the phone is locked. So that should be happening for the Siri as well. You should be checking out that as well. That’s what I am saying here. so hope that was enough for you.

I think so no such kind of security flaws is there in the phone that is what I know about my phone as well. So that’s what I want to say here. Now it is too early to comment anything about the same as well. Since the phone is not yet out completely we cannot say that the security flaw is actually there or not. So the best possible method what I can say here is that wait till the iPhone 4S gets releasd completely all over and then it would be better to check the piece and then accordingly review it. mostly all the features are actually same of iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S and there is nothing much big difference of both the phones, at least that’s what I know about.