Thread: Nokia 700 keeps sending message to strange international number without knowing me

Nokia 700 keeps sending message to strange international number without knowing me

Hi, I have recently bought my first ever smartphone from the Nokia as mentioned in the title but don’t know having very serious problem with it as I am not sure how this could be happened.

The thing is like though the mobile kept idle it just keeps sending the message to unknown international number without any notification, and because of that only I have lost all my credit one day, and after that only I came to know about the threat. I haven’t update any such application which sends data this way, I think there could be some problem with the firmware currently installed isn’t it ?

Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Nokia 700 keeps sending message to strange international number without knowing me

though you have mentioned that you haven’t installed any such application that can cause such trouble but still are you aware as the symbian belle comprise the message application built in with the firmware, and it might be possible that the message would be sent through the application only.

First of all you should try to disable the application you have preloaded in the mobile and then see whether the same is happening or not? And if the same thing is happening again and again then you should try to delete the application from the mobile.

And still pursuing the same problem then you can simply proceed with either resetting the firmware or simply reinstall it.

Re: Nokia 700 keeps sending message to strange international number without knowing me

Yeah you are right actually as there could be some problem with the firmware itself, because this is quite wired really, I haven’t even heard about it ever.

Anyways you can simply try to reset the firmware of your mobile, because I think that the only thing that you can do right now, and I think without hard resetting nothing will going to work for you, but still you can simply try both the techniques, and be aware about the result as after soft resetting all the settings would be wiped out and the previous settings would be recovered again. And with the hard reset all the stuff from the mobile would be wiped out and you’ll get the mobile firmware same as when you gotten it when you had bought it.

And that’s why it is always recommended as before proceeding for the same we should always take backup of each and everything, or else you may lose it.

I am agree with the above user but still whenever such thing happens to the mobile we should contact to our network provider as well, because it might be possible because of their mistake something happening wrong.

And after all you’ll be always putted in a safer after awaking them.

It would be better if you simply reinstall the whole operating system in your mobile, because this would put you in big trouble once, if the situation remains same.

But as the above user mentioned you should also make sure no other application is sending any such message from the mobile, because it is not necessary that only the message application do this, because for and example if suppose we are playing any game and after completing that we used to get the message like send the score to their site or somewhat like that.

So make sure you haven’t installed any such application, and if you have installed then you should remove it from the mobile for sure.

Contact Nokia support center for the same and see what they are saying about this.