Thread: Will Mytouch 4g Get Ice Cream Sandwich Update?

Will Mytouch 4g Get Ice Cream Sandwich Update?

As per my information I know that Tmobile is part of the Android alliance. And they also promises the upgrade when the new Android OS comes. And also when the phone will be 18 months old then only the facility will be end. So here I came to know that will my Tmobile Mytouch 4g will get the new Ice Cream Sandwich Update or not?? Please suggest me if anyone of you have the proper idea about it.

Re: Will Mytouch 4g Get Ice Cream Sandwich Update?

I am not sure in this case, because I can say here that the record of the T-Mobile is very worst in phones getting updates. So here in this cause I am not sure that they will provide the update or not. I am sure about this thing because I was having myTouch Slide 3G and they were promised for that they will give the Android Froyo update last year but up till now I have didn’t get any such type of the update for my myTouch Slide 3G. and in your cause I will just say that don’t hope with them and if you are getting the new Mytouch 4g in the hope that they will give the Ice Cream Sandwich Update in this then please don’t go for that. First wait till they done the update for that and then you can proceed.

Here I also agree with your comments, you are telling all the things about them is right. Before few months I got the new mobile from there and they promises me that they will provide the new Android update for it and in that hope only I get that phone and I was very happy that they will give me the latest OS update for free but it was six months old and still I didn’t get any type of the update in it. Here I will also tell you that if you are thinking to get the mobile in the hope that they will give you the latest update then please don’t take the mobile from there.

I hear about this ting and before that I was loving T-Mobile so much about its promises for giving the latest update of all the new Android OS. But now after reading all the post over here I came to know that it is not good as iw as thinking about it. And also it made me think how terrible TMO is compared to the other carriers.

And here let me tell you that T-Mobile is the first company in the world who introduces the first Android OS and also he promises that he will provide all the latest Android update on his all mobiles but now after releasing the new Android, it will be the last company who gives the update for that. I am still with the because I have the good connection in my area and also for that reason I don’t want to spend so much of the money on it.

In that cause I have told that they have a fairly long internal QA process to make sure that a new ROM works with the any of their additions. And this takes time more than six months after the new release of the ROM. And before that ti was officially available from them. And here in this cause I ma sure that this is not only true thing for the Android but also it si true for the Blackberry and WP7. So here I think that you should not blame the T-Mobile directly for this all things to be not happens. There are other companies also who have promises that they will provide the latest update for there phones after they release of the new Android but they not do this thing actually.

After that reason I have switched to the new HTC sprint CDMA, but now I think that it is not good as T-Mobile, also I hated the HTC sprint CDMA. And comparing with the T-Mobile, I think that it have the worst track record. And also I can say that they have the more track records as same. And in your cause I will suggest you to go with your choice.

I am getting all things that six months is too much forget everything working. And let me tell you that I am having mytouch 3g slide from the last one and half months and I can say that it takes more than one year to get the Android 2.2 upgrade. And also they don’t this all things. If you are also having this phone and waiting for the latest upgrade then I will suggest you to get with yourself via HTC or go to a store an get it done . and this all things will take time to done so try as soon as possible for you.

Yes, I also not getting that why they are taking six month time for doing this upgrade. Here I mean to say that took CM's team like less than a month after GB's source was on the loose to get it to multiple type of the phones. Plus CM implemented their CM Settings as well.