Thread: Does newly purchased android phone will get the Ice cream sandwich update?

Does newly purchased android phone will get the Ice cream sandwich update?

Hi, I have recently purchased my first smartphone which is having android operating system but still that’s quite older, in fact I am not sure whether it is froyo or gingerbread. Anyways my question is like whether the phone will have the newer update called “Ice cream sandwich”.

What are the newer features that I’ll get with that newer update? Is it worth to update the phone with that OS? Any suggestion on this matter will be appreciated.

Re: Does newly purchased android phone will get the Ice cream sandwich update?

According to me all the newer phone having gingerbread would be able to update their phone but still when I was searching about the same on google I came to know that only the leaked version is came out but the final rather official version would be obtainable only after 11th oct 2011. But till that we can’t say anything about that.

In fact I am assuming as they will launch this with competing to iOS5, thus they are just getting it delayed after each launching date.

I have the same opinion but moreover this I can say that as whichever device we have but first of all that device should have that much capable hardware to run the newer android OS.

Because the newer designs and its customs ROM’s must need such a hardware support or else though you successfully install the OS but it will not work according to your expectation, rather simply it would be worthless.

Well, I would like to give you an advice that you should stay tuned with the google updates as they have provided this alert facility as well for the smartphone rather tablet users, here we just have to provide our Email address and on that we’ll get all such news and discussions regarding the latest updates. You simply subscribe here.

Pretty much agree with the above user but still will you please let us know which mobile phone you have purchased so that I can give you some precise information regarding the same.

I have recently bought Galaxy S2 but still at the end of this month I am planning to have another phone that BIONIC and I am hoping that both of my device would run the newer android version. After seeing the comments above it seems as the device would surely get some new excitement.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I would say whichever devices you have mention has support for the newer operating system which is most awaited by all the smartphone users but still as the sources says we must have to wait till its official release.

I think this is been already discussed over here previously like whether the phone will support this newer operating system or not, anyways you can visit the LINK mentioned. I am not sure what they have discussed but still hoping that you’ll get some good idea.