Thread: Will Ice Cream Sandwich update will come in HTC Desire HD?

Will Ice Cream Sandwich update will come in HTC Desire HD?

With news murmuring around that Ice Cream Sandwich should be out soon (October Maybe) Do you feel that we will see official upgrade from HTC to Desire HD or they will keep disregarding Desire HD holders and we will strive for pattern ROM's from designers?

Re: Will Ice Cream Sandwich update will come in HTC Desire HD?

I don't feel that we will get 2.4 authoritatively, but I know that the sensation will get it 100%, and the amazing developers will carry it to us that is my outlook.

Don't get how the yearning HD doesn't have the right specs, depending on if its superior to the Nexus S unless they committed GPU that it requires.

Official Sense 3.0 Update, I don't ability HTC asserts that Desire HD doesn't fit with necessities to run Sense 3.0 while XDA designers carries Full Functional Sense 3.0 to Desire HD in their ROM's !!!! Most bits of gossip states that Ice-cream doesn't require hardware updates and it will fit in old apparatuses and contrasting Desire HD with Nexus S I think Desire HD is preferable in Ram and just about equivalent processor performance.

Keep in mind that Sense 3.0 is HTC's UI on top of Android Gingerbread OS. The new Sense 3.0 devices have give or take the same Gingerbread beneath. All the more provided that we think Sense 3.0 works affirm in ports on the DHD it could not meet HTC's "value benchmarks" observing smoothness and stability case in point, on a phone that hasn't got the equipment it was implied for. This I think is the explanation why we haven't got a Sense 3.0 (yet). A different explanation would be able to be that new gadgets require something extraordinary to make people overhaul their old phones and not just redesign them. HTC may actually be keeping back the upgrade until they've sold enough late phones.

I'm positive we'll get Ice Cream but there's a contrast in discharging an entire newfangled OS as a substitute for simply a UI. A late OS carries considerably more imperative and vital updates (eg security alters and late offers) than a UI. AFAIK Ice Cream can be planned to work even on phones that aren't front line.