Thread: Ice Cream Sandwich for Motorola Xoom?

Ice Cream Sandwich for Motorola Xoom?

I am really waiting eagerly for the Ice Cream Sandwich since the time when I heard the news about Ice cream Sandwich for the first time. But, I want to know exactly that what will we get when it will come. Actually, till now I have heard at different places that it is another user interface renovate for devices so as to provide them more Honeycomb, actually what will it give us? If it will provide some kind of hardware acceleration then it would really be awesome, but I am not seeing anything for the users of Tablets.

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich for Motorola Xoom?

I think it is too early to say anything about it. I have seen some videos also but it was not clarifying what exactly it will have new in it. But, I am sure that it is surely going to have something better.

Yes, I have also seen some videos which are out now, but it was not giving any clear information about it, then also I am really excited to see the latest Ice Cream Sandwich on my Motorola Xoom.

I think the Ice Cream Sandwich is just an update and Android Open Source Project. And that is enough to wait for it, I think so.

Motorola Xoom will surely be able to run the Ice Cream Sandwich. Actually I have seen in an article, it was written that Ice cream sandwich will be available for all the older android phones, and therefore I can confirm it for sure that Motorola Xoom is going to have ICS officially. I am also using Motorola Xoom and waiting for ICS for my Xoom, I am sure that it will be more and more awesome than the Gingerbread.

Yes, of course the Ice cream sandwich will be released officially for Motorola Xoom, and even if it doesn’t gets released officially for your Motorola Xoom then also you don’t have to worry about that because, the developers will be there always to fix that problem. If you know then you have noticed that OG Droid was replaced by the newer models and it was gone out of the update sphere, but we have the latest updates for it now also, the whole credit goes to the devs.

Ok, thanks for confirming that, but again I want to know that what actually it will have improved in it, once Ice Cream Sandwich comes out. What will be there which is not currently in Froyo or even Honeycomb? Do any of have any idea about that? Please, reply.

Actually this is a kind of wait and watch scenario. However, the great thing is that finally having the source code for the Ice Cream Sandwich. I think for the Motorola Xoom, it is kind of the beginning of the golden era.

Yes, I agree with you here. And one other advantage of Ice Cream Sandwich to the phone side getting bumped into the similar OS is that we will observe an enhancement in applications that are optimized for the tablets. Actually the developer will find it easier to work in to one .apk than to work on two separate projects. But, of course it will be really awesome to see some surprise from it.

As for now, I have got to know that Ice Cream Sandwich will be open source, and therefore, I think Motorola will do some additional customization for Xoom. I think it will make wonderful enhancement by adding some more features that we have got with the limited HC. What you want to say about this?

According to what I am understanding Ice Cream Sandwich is an refurbish for the devices to introduce an honeycomb interface at the same time as permitting for tablet support also and surely it will be managed by Google itself. And it means that all android phones now be updated alongside it will be more firmly incorporated, which implies that developers will require to begin just developing widgets for their own Phones in place of a entirely dissimilar interfaces, like what they are doing nowadays.