Thread: Cannot transfer file to GoFlex drive on Mac

Cannot transfer file to GoFlex drive on Mac

I installed the Paragon driver on the Mac so you can make use of the drive on Mac and PC. The driver appears to be installed as a driver I can observe the comparison in Applications. but, the unit cannot be seen as read-only. How I can write in it?

Re: Cannot transfer file to GoFlex drive on Mac

Just bought a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex disk to use on my mac and pc. I have a Mac OS X 10.5.8. After configuring the drive in Windows, which connects the drive in Mac and open the installation wizard. I was prompted through the installation process, chose "the use of Mac and Windows" is used over and Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X NetActivator.app to connect and was told "the unit had been successfully activated "- the steps were the identical as described in the NTFS configuration manual pdf. The trouble: when I tried to save a file to the new disk, you cannot write.

I checkered the Seagate Diagnostics application and it seems the GoFlex disk is functioning appropriately.

When installing the software on the Mac, click the "modify" immediately after compliant the license agreement. Make positive there is a check in the box for the Paragon NTFS by default it seems that it is "jumping" for what most people imagine you are installing the software is not in actuality one of the the majority critical parts for Mac and PC using the Seagate drive.

Help! I bought a FreeAgent Go Flex at Costco, a 2 TB drive which indicates that it's Mac compatible. It doesn't seem to be at all. I am running 10.5.8. I attempt to reinitialize the drive with the Mac's Disk Utilities program and it gives me this note: Disk Erase unsuccessful with the error: File system formatter unsuccessful.

The not very helpful "help" page about this keeps talking about Memeo software. All I have in the box is a "Replica" disc for "full system recovery," which in any occasion is filled of PC documents that don't register on my iMac.

I am VERY miserable and aggravated. I formerly bought LaCie drives which were already formatted for both Mac and PC, and you can bet I'm going to return to that brand.

Ok, lastly got the whole thing working. After many hours of research and try many different things on this website and all of Paragon I have to speak given my specifications: PPC / Mac OS X 10.4, Paragon Software / unit is useless. Do not use it! I kept control Seagates diagnostic but got rid of the Paragon NTFS driver. Use a totally dissimilar one. I downloaded a free third party. There are many out there, but I download from mac official website and now everything is working flawlessly. I can read and write both my Mac and PC in NTFS.

I use a MacMini .I did the whole thing (installed, restart not drag files from NTFS Paragon also fall not connect to the Internet to activate).The installer that comes with the unit is false, the NTFS does not work. I establish one on their website that worked, although still the activation of Paragon will not work so my team only has 5 days of life best off.

I just want mine now activate and instruct others to download separate NTFS. But the activation does not work for what people need to fix that .many of us are the identification of this trouble. Please do not scold her for several entries .we bought a production of more than $ 100 and want to work. No solution on the forum or modify the instructions are part of the site at any Seagate . this does not make it easy for the end user.

I've done that and still do not work. The parallel activation does not work for internet as well. I think people need to develop a whole new installation package and a note to everyone on your site please use the new package - solution would be great if you could do that .ensure that work, make sure you connect to the network of record.