Thread: Unable to delete the app like CNN, NatGeo, Orkut on my new Nokia 701

Unable to delete the app like CNN, NatGeo, Orkut on my new Nokia 701

I have bought this phone recently from the Nokia priority dealers this I can says is one of the best phone that Nokia has made but I have a little issue with the phone I do not know as been a the new phone I am unable to remove a few of Applications. Like CNN, NetGeo, Orkut, E and so on Why these applications should be on my phone. I would like to remove those because I do not require them at all. Nokia is the personalization of Nokia owners to some extend but things like this is not at all helping do anyone feels the same ways as I do any here like to comment on this.

And also please some help here how to remove these applications

Re: Unable to delete the app like CNN, NatGeo, Orkut on my new Nokia 701

I agree with you that are few app that we don’t like to have on the phone and we never use them I would also like to know is there any ways to delete permanently those apps from the phone is there anyone here know any ways to do that I would really like to know thanks in advance

Yeah you folks are right in fact many of those apps are easily available on many app gallery so they should not include this application in the phone on the first place as if we need any of these app we would defiantly would get it on there . I know what Nokia is trying to do is figuring out the most needed apps but they forget that there are vast number of customer wit variety of choice and they can full fill the all of their needs so bottom line is there should no pre loaded app on the phone instead they should be made available on the OVI store so that if any one requires those app can easily get it from there.

I don’t think you can remove the apps that’s comes with the firm ware those are in built and you will not able to remove it even I feel my phone has unwanted app that I will probably ever use on my phone

I never had such problem but why exactly you need to remove those apps it even wont take much disk space just let it be there and you will wont even know if you have these apps on your phone and if it’s so important o remove these apps from your phone then just do the hard reset of the phone it light remove some of the apps or maybe root your phone

hopes this help you

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    I never had such problem but why exactly you need to remove those apps it even wont take much disk space just let it be there and you will wont even know if you have these apps on your phone and if it’s so important o remove these apps from your phone then just do the hard reset of the phone it light remove some of the apps or maybe root your phone

hopes this help you
    Hard reset will bring the phone bact to the original factory mode and these apps I thinks it comes with the firmware so you will I think not able to remove these app from your phone unless you yourself installed this apps on your phone and never root you phone which you bought recently

I think you can do that by Go to settings-installations-already installed. press for a long time on the item you desire and get rid of. This will do the trick Got Nokia 701 today and I love this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaria View Post
    I think you can do that by Go to settings-installations-already installed. press for a long time on the item you desire and get rid of. This will do the trick Got Nokia 701 today and I love this phone.
    I think it is not possible as it comes with the firmware hope you people understand what I trying to say here there is no ways that you will able to remove this apps