Thread: Some questions regarding the Win 7 backup and recovery on Toshiba P770

Some questions regarding the Win 7 backup and recovery on Toshiba P770

I have got a Toshiba P770 and now i am willing to create a system backup with the system image and i am currently running Win 7 Pro and i am having two internal hard drives naming c and d.So i just wanted to know that creating the backup and then saving it on the sub directory from an external drive is ok or not and when I will have to restore it will this backup and the system image will be sufficient or i will need to create a different system image for my D drive.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Some questions regarding the Win 7 backup and recovery on Toshiba P770

In order to back up your program,system settings and the file.You have to create a system image which should basically copy of Windows and copies of your programs, system settings, and files which should be then stored in separate location rather than the original programs and later you can use this image to restore the contents of your computer ans if you are using Windows Backup in order to backup your files than you can very well have the system image created each time your files are backed up and you can space it on a CD or a hardrive and if you want to have the additional drives in the system image then you can create it manually and then save it on CD or drive.

In order to create a system image backup in windows 7 just follow the below steps:
    • Go to the control panel
    • Then go to Backup and Restore icon.
    • And then click on the system image link
    • Click on yes when you get a prompt for UAC
    • And then select the location you want to save the backup image and click on next
    • And then click on the Start backup
    • And you will get a system repair disc after it finishes
    • Then click on no and then
    • close the Backup and Restore window

If you want to restore using the recovery control panel or you want to restore your system image backup on some other computer than you have to go to the start and then go to the control panel and then just type recovery in the search box and after you get it just click on the recovery and then click on the advanced recovery option and then just click on the "Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer" and then just keep following the step until it finishes.Hope that helps.

But if you are not able to access the control panel and you are not having the repair disc as well then you can try the following steps:
    • Restart your computer and hold down the f8 as it starts before the window logo appears
    • Select the "Advanced Boot Options " on the screen and
    • just use the arrow key and select repair your computer and press enter
    • Select keyboard layout and click next
    • Enter user name and password when prompted and then click on OK
    • And then on the System Recovery Options menu choose the System Image Recovery and then click on OK
    • Then follow the instruction until it finishes

In order to do a system recovery first make sure that you connect the system image backup save to an external device, and then open the control panel and then click on Backup and Restore and then on Recover system settings on your computer and then click on Advanced recovery methods and then just select the "Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer" and then select back up now or skip it and then click on the restart option and click on next.If you have the system image backup saved on Cd's then insert it and then after a prompt Use the latest available system image and click on Next and then check the Format and repartition disks box and uncheck Only restore system drives and click on Next and then click on finish.