Thread: Internet experience not good in Acer Iconia A501

Internet experience not good in Acer Iconia A501

Its been some days that I had got the Acer Iconia A501 tablet and also the HC 3.2 Stock is already installed in it. now as far as I know there is no way by which I would be able to root it. that’s what I know. Now I am here to talk about te internet experience of this tablet. Now what I want to say is that the stock browser and Dolphin HD are not good at all, they are quite laggy to be frank. Don’t know the developers must have think of some kind of alternative to it that’s what I feel. so I don’t know if the developers have come across a alternative browser for the same, may be a opera would be a good option for sure. so is it only me or everyone who is having problem with the tablet’s internet experience? Please do let me know about it if any of you all have any experience.

Re: Internet experience not good in Acer Iconia A501

You know what the problem is with the tablet only, that’s what I am saying here, so what I am saying is that the browsers like stock browser and Dolphin HD do work well with the Folio 100 and that’s what I am saying here. so may be its some problem with the tablet only.

Co incidentally it works well with the 3.0.1. yes I must agree that getting to 3.0.1 is not an easy task especially if you are using the HC 3.2. there are many firmware’s that are available in the internet that you can check out that will surely allow you to downgrade for sure, so that’s what you should be doing. I hope you have got the necessary solution for the same. so that’s what I am saying here.

Go and check the Acer_A501_1.309.02_COM_GEN1_SD_update.zip. if you can go and check it out from there as well. Just install the firmware in your phone, extract it and then try rooting it. that’s what you should be doing.

I think those people who have upgraded it have done their biggest mistake of their life, that’s what I think here. Since I did not find any such difference in their speed after the upgr4ading and all. So that’s what I want to say here. I don’t know why I went with it . just because I thought that iut is a upgrade and also going with it would dfinitely give some difference in the speed but that did not happen at all. so that’s what the sad part is and the worst poart is that I am not able to root back to 3.0.1. that’s the biggest mistake I have seen here.

I am using 3.2 in my iconina a501 and I haven’t got any speed difference at all. the browser is very much smoort no issues at all. if you want you can uninstall and reinstall the firmware again, so that is oen thing that you can check out for sure.

Yes that is one suggestion that you can surely check out for sure. in case if nothing is working out for you I would ask you to check out the following links that will help you in getting the 3.0.1 version.

Ok guys a lot of suggestions have come up and hence thanks a ton for the same. so that’s what I am saying here. I will surely check out some of the links that you have given here, hoping that there is some way by which I will be able to get to the old version back. Hope so I will b able to od that as soon as possible that’s what I am hoping for. Anyways thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given here.