Thread: applications keep changing storage location on Sony Ericsson Xperia play

applications keep changing storage location on Sony Ericsson Xperia play

Hi, I am using Sony ericsson Xperia play and having some problem with the stored applications and the data plans in the phone.

As whenever I connect the phone with the computer through USB and when I detach it, I can’t see the application which I have stored in the location on the SD card rather they all are pushed to another location. And apart from this I have to select the data plan again and again. Any idea what could be the problem with the phone? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: applications keep changing storage location on Sony Ericsson Xperia play

I think there could be some problem with the SD card that you are using, because I have the same phone and I also used to connect it with the PC without any hesitation, thus I would like to suggest you that you should try to simply format the memory card you have and then again store all the application to the mobile and then see what happens, but you must have to do this in order to figure out the actual hitch In your mobile.

And by the way can you please mentioned which version of firmware you have installed in your mobile?

I have heard about the problem as with the firmware version 3.0.x u there is a problem with application as they are not staying in current order and keeps changing the location.

Thus according to me you should try to update the firmware that you are using in your mobile, and if you are using 3.0 version firmware then it is strongly recommended as you should have 4.0 version in your mobile, or else you’ll get the problem for sure.

see I would suggest you to simply visit the service center and the see what they are saying about this, because it sounds strange but I am sure as they must be having solution for the same.

hey thanks for the suggestion as when I contacted the service center about the same I came to know that the firmware version you have mentioned is not yet available where I stay thus I must have to wait till the problem gets resolved.

hey thanks for the suggestion as when I contacted the service center about the same I came to know that the firmware version you have mentioned is not yet available where I stay thus I must have to wait till the problem gets resolved.