Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play bricked due to software update

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play bricked due to software update

I am looking for solving issue with my Xperia Play. While I connected the phone to PC by the use of PC Companion, it told me about software update. I thought that it is a good thing to update the software since there were already several issues. I assumed that it will going to fix the issue but the update failed and the phone bricked. Now phone doesn’t turn on at all. The phone even not recognized PC Companion. Is there any way to solve the issue before I could contact Sony Ericsson technical support?

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play bricked due to software update

This confuses me now. The X8 has in and of itself but an unchanged 1.6-Android system on it. If you have an Internet connection (WiFi or GPS / UMTS), Sony Ericsson would shortly send you a message from the cloud, which tells you that an update is available. A USB connection requires an Android update (at least 2.1 to 2.2) not really, nor as complex pressed about, which is more reminiscent of the SE-own proprietary operating system.

If the software update fails, the phone can be powered appropriately. When you push the On / Off button, the mobile phone will vibrate and some seconds on the show Sony Ericsson in gray or a warning triangle through a yellow exclamation point and the phone icon. Afterward the phone and it stays out. To correct this problem you need a new software update.

So I finally managed habs after I reset everything and reinstalled, it has now finally works. Although this is not 2.3.4, but a new version of 2.3.3 Still, I'm an even bigger problem book now I can make phone calls no longer send sms and no more. Calls may be canceled immediately without probs! Turn after the first gave me the cell phone a warning that no network is available. I was looking for it then, the warning is gone.

They have, after I have downloaded, installed alone and were immediately playable. But now, after the firmware update, I have above mentioned problem. They no longer work. Also do not know where they can find in the file structure. They were stored on the stick.

A couple of weeks 4.0.A.2.368 update was released for the terminals of the series Sony Ericsson Xperia. Teams like the Arc or the Neo could download the new software without problems while users of Play could not. Starting today is now available also for the Xperia Play. Finally, owners of Sony Ericsson Xperia Play can download the update 4.0.A.2.368, as already could be performed with other models in the Xperia. Among the virtues of this new software highlights: the implementation of xLoud thus increasing the volume when listening to music through the speakers, the video recording with high quality stereo sound, the new subjects and landscape mode to the home screen ; and enjoy content stored on the terminal in DLNA certified devices.

So far, it seems that the update is only available in the UK but imagine that soon will spread to other countries. To check if it is available you can download SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) or PC Companion 2.0, tools to automatically download and install updates for each of the terminals Sony Ericsson.