Thread: What is the keylock icon in iPhone 4?

What is the keylock icon in iPhone 4?

I do not understand the concept behind having the small keylock icon in the iPhone 4. So that’s why I have come here to ask what is it exactly. It is there in the top right side corner of the screen. I am not understanding why it is placed there, so if you all have some ideas behind it then do let me know about it as soon as possible over here. I am waiting for the replies from you all as if why it is placed there. Tell me guys something about it.

Re: What is the keylock icon in iPhone 4?

Quote Originally Posted by silvery View Post
    I do not understand the concept behind having the small keylock icon in the iPhone 4. So that’s why I have come here to ask what is it exactly. It is there in the top right side corner of the screen. I am not understanding why it is placed there, so if you all have some ideas behind it then do let me know about it as soon as possible over here. I am waiting for the replies from you all as if why it is placed there. Tell me guys something about it.
    Might be some kind of screen lock I suppose. Well even I am getting to hear about it for the first time and hence that’s the reason why I am a bit confused on that, anyways what I want to say is that just check it might be a screen lock I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by silvery View Post
    Could you please explain the icon a bit properly because with the description that you have described here may be I would be able to help you with the same and hence that’s the reason why I am asking you to update me about the icon of the lock screen. so any replies from you all will be welcomed here. so that’s what I want to say here. So do answer out the necessary questions that I have asked here, do let me know about it as it is a very important for me to know about it.

Dude it is just a simple lock sing with a round circle encircling it. it was not appearing till now suddenly it started appearing and I am very much amazed to find it. so can you all please highlight me what it is that since I am seeing this for the first time. That’s what I think here.

Yes it is a vertical screen lock it just acts the same way as that of the switch on the side of the iPad. Now with the screen lock you will not be able to switch the screen from horizontal to vertical. That’s what I think here. now in order to turn it off what you have to do is double click the home button and then flick it from left to right. Now what you will be able to see In the screen is the arrow icon and hence the icon that will be appearing in front of you is the orange icon. You will be getting the options of turning on and off on your basis. So that’s what you should be doing I hope you have got the necessary information on the same and that was the necessary answer that you were looking for, anything else that you need to know then do let me know as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois View Post
    Yes it is a vertical screen lock it just acts the same way as that of the switch on the side of the iPad. Now with the screen lock you will not be able to switch the screen from horizontal to vertical. That’s what I think here. now in order to turn it off what you have to do is double click the home button and then flick it from left to right. Now what you will be able to see In the screen is the arrow icon and hence the icon that will be appearing in front of you is the orange icon. You will be getting the options of turning on and off on your basis. So that’s what you should be doing I hope you have got the necessary information on the same and that was the necessary answer that you were looking for, anything else that you need to know then do let me know as soon as possible.
    Hey that worked for me and hence thanks a lot for the solution that you have given here. well I was really not knowing about the said method and hence I would like to say thanks to you all. now the key icon is no longer appearing in the space that I was mentioning above.