Thread: Getting error code 1004 when trying to update app on iPhone 3GS

Getting error code 1004 when trying to update app on iPhone 3GS

Hello friends, I am using the iPhone 3GS, and I am getting error code 1004 when trying to update applications. I am having no idea of the error code which I am getting on the phone and also what does that code mean? So please tell me that what should I do and also which would be the best method to solve the problem which I am getting it. So kindly give me some of the suggestion and also provide me some of the solution to solve the problem and also if you have some of the method or the software to solved the problem. Thank you.

Re: Getting error code 1004 when trying to update app on iPhone 3GS

That means the phone is jailbroken or the PC you are using was used to jailbreak or effort to jailbreak an iDevice in the past. The host files have be customized to point gs.apple.com to a server other than Apple's. Take out the entry in your host file and try again.

I also got this message last night, after already updating an application earlier in the day with no trouble. I went to download a new application, and also had an application that wanted to be modernized. Attempt what's more of those resulted in the error code 1004. I have an iPhone 4, operation 4.3.5. It is not jailbroken, nor have my laptop be use to do such a thing. I'm not still completely confident what jailbreaking is not, nor do I care. Sideways from installing applications, my phone is approximately as it was given to me by Apple 10 months ago.

Ok, more dig and I found one more plan that in point of fact worked. Go into your Settings, and then go to the Safari. Clear all your Cache, History, and Cookie. And try and see that you are getting the same error.

I have tried reset the phone, but logging out and back in to the Apple store mutually from my laptop and my phone, and again doing the rebooting, check all of those apparently unconnected settings like my date/time settings, and even turned off the Wi-Fi of the phone, and a couple of other effects that I can't even remember. Nothing worked for me then also getting the same error. So I think you can try and get it done if it getting fixed for your phone, but by making a try nothing will go and also you will be able to come on solution to solve the problem of yours.

Well I am not a technological person and also no jail breaking over here. Consequently I tried the time method, while my iPad time was off, and it has worked just fine after that. So you can also try it.

dkbose Guest

I think you can search on the internet and also you can find solution which the problem which you are having it and also you will be able to get the perfect and also the solution will be able to get the solution to solve the problem of yours. The internet is the best world to get the solution and also you will be able to get the solution of the problem which you are getting it and also some other problem with the phone. If I would be at your place then I will do the same and also will try the same method and get the solution for me and solve the problem for me.