Thread: My iPhone is not receiving pictures in my MMS

My iPhone is not receiving pictures in my MMS

I am using a iPhone and the problem i am facing now is that i have lost the pictures that i have received in the mms.I am still having the mms message but the picture is not there and because of this problem i am not able to save the pictures.Whenever i am trying to click on the blue arrow than the picture appear to be black.Is there any one who have experienced the same and have come up with a solution for it.Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: My iPhone is not receiving pictures in my MMS

What all you can do is just try reset all the setting on the device in order to rebuild the database for SMS/MMS messages by going in to the Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset All Settings and do not perform multitasking during this and in order to avoid multitasking just go to the home button and then just double click on it and then open the multitasking bar and then hold and press the icon and as soon as you see the icon jiggling then just tap on the minus sign on the upper left corner and do the same for every app running in the background and then reboot the device.Hope that helps.

What i have found is that if you keep a mms for a long time in your phone then the picture gets expired after a period of time and that is why we are not able to see the picture in the mms though we are very well able to see the mms message and this is a common thing in many phones so if you dont save the picture at the time you receive the mms then you wont get the picture in the mms after a certain period though you have the mms message in your phone and once they are lost you will not be able to retrieve them using the computer as well.

Yes when i have heard about this mechanism in a forum that the pictures in a mms are likely to be lost after a certain period of time no matter you have the mms saved in your phone and if it happens so then you wont be able to get it back from your phone as well as your computer unless you have saved it on your PC or you have mailed it to yourself.If you have lost it then the only option you are left with is just asking the person to send it to you again.Hope that was helpful.

I have been facing the same problem before in my iphone 3G and even i was thinking that there is some problem with my phone so even i had tries a lot of solutions for it but nothing seemed to have helped me.I had even tried the above solution as well but unfortunately it did not helped and lastly i had asked the same person to resend it and from now if i get any mms and i find a need to save the picture than i do it instantly rather than thinking that i will do it later but you can keep it without saving the picture in your mms for some days but i dont know for how long as i have yet not found the certain period of time after which it is lost.

Even i am using a iPhone form a long time but i have not yet faced this kind of problem yet tough i some times do not save the pictures in the mms message and still keep it for a long time but the picture never disappeared as of you are saying.I mean i have saved pictures even after a long time as i had the mms saved in my phone but if you all are saying that it do get lost after a certain period of time then can anyone tell me the exact or the certain period of time.