Thread: ID Software expanding onto the console

ID Software expanding onto the console

I can’t forget those days of playing the original Doom, Quake, Hexen, etc. on my pc. Its really sad that knowing that now these game start releasing ports

Re: ID Software expanding onto the console

I have no issue with PC developers focused on expansion into the console, as long as the PC version is not half port. It also appears that many companies today are coming out for PC versions of a title in the last minute.

So far id / Bethesda has done well to have Rage ship with modern tools and not clog up the title with a copy protection scheme of crap this all cause of Steamworks But what really require to shut up with the whole "OMG consoles have to return more than" and "Always on DRM is better for all" speech or just do not let Hollenshead and Willits to make public statements These statements do not help at all. It tells the PC players, as consumers, are not a main concern.

anyhow, I'm eager that Rage will be a great title.

It's isn't the ports that are the evils while it's that they have to develop the games with console thought. compact controls and options and lower graphics are what we get on PC at the present because of consoles.

I am yet getting Rage however as from what I have seen it appear great on PC.

Why should we be a main concern? I see nothing immoral with developers center on pc AND consoles as am I. as of what I've hear I'm pretty certain I'm going to enjoy it fairly a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene-I View Post
    Why should we be a main concern? I see nothing immoral with developers center on pc AND consoles as am I. as of what I've hear I'm pretty certain I'm going to enjoy it fairly a bit.
    No, you get the wrong idea me .I do not care that the developers of PC developing for consoles. It is statements like that make me feel developers are not focusing on making the game good on all platforms, are focusing on a platform over the other or try to justify bad decisions related to consumer protection such as persistent online copy or install the constraints

It actually true Most developers are not taking benefit of the PC in order to make the game according to the less powerful systems hardware wise. It would be useless to do otherwise and developed with high-end PCs in mind because Sony and Microsoft will move to their next iterations of their platforms before or at least that's what most analysts are saying and the console is based on the better PC hardware or at least something very similar

From a logistics point or development of view of, whether it makes sense for developers to start developing games that take advantage of the current top PC hardware, and that future consoles will use similar specifications.

A friend of mine was criticizing the dice and EA for PC platform takes lead in Battlefield 3 He is an avid user of 360. I told him that an investment is considered as MS and Sony announce new systems inevitably and its technology is based primarily on current PC hardware / future. To start making games to take advantage of that will help hardware developers / pubs reduce development cycles and costs in the future, which are expected to rise.

I remember years ago when they were in their heyday PC Gamer popularity, and each game requires more and more out of our system? We struggled to keep up and play on high settings, and if our handling equipment, we are proud! Crysis running on maximum setting was an achievement, and as players, we had a pretty good experience with him convicted. Now? ... Well, now the games are not as demanding, and for me, anyway, has been great for my bank account. I'm still running games at high settings with my Nividia GTX 285. I'm sure will rage and Skyrim without much of a jerk, but I got the card for 4-5 years. Games do not challenge us more in terms of delivery system specifications. That part is great! But they are becoming increasingly frustrating. Look at the fiasco of Dead Island, naughty and many people have problems with it. Check the forums if you want to have a better idea. It's frustrating to players when a business PC with a history of id turns its back on us. I'm still going to buy the game, and I hope it's not a disappointment, but with this track recent horrible console ports some still need patches to fix the multitude of problems ... I'm not really expecting much. I just hope that justify the price of $ 60.00 for PC gamers it.

The thing is, the more push game developers and game engines is more difficult for them to play on consoles and still keep intact all the features like advanced physics and general visual fidelity. There is a reason we make games for consoles ..... money without the console developers of money that many will not make the money they need to keep making games. Money makes the world go in a circle and without it, no games. Not everybody has a top line PC and developers make out if they try to move forward the measure of the stipulation that the risk of making high specifications for average PC gamers even work. Crysis was a special case because it was designed from the start will be playable on a PC, it was never proposed to be ported to consoles. So I pushed the technology when it wanted to go and create a unique, can not do that. simply not enough money to go to "PC only" route these days and they know it. Therefore CryEngine 3 ... play on consoles, and even for PC gamers so they can take their PCs with DX11 and high rez textures. How is new Id turning on us? I know who really gave back to the PC community? try to Epic. Completely turned away from the PC community and never looked back, the same community that made them what they are today. Id is not a huge mega-developer, in order to stay in business they need to be able to expand and that is exactly what they are doing with rage. RAGE is the way to bring your style first-person shooter for consoles and stop offering the Id touch and feel we have all come to expect. With a new IP address, which is set with consoles in mind, they can continue doing what they do and still be pushing forward the technology. How Id in any way responsible for what other developers has done with their ports of shit? So a developer decided to trash port means Id is unable to do something solid and polished? its ridiculous ... at least give Carmack and his team a chance, the guy is a genius in programming and has no doubt tested the game for years to be polished as possible. We will gladly give these guys their $ 60.00, which opened the ass to make this game. The Id Tech 5 engine is an incredible feat of coding and on top of which has given us what is going to be one hell of a game experience.

I'm not certain it's likely to release a game any longer without somebody gets upset about 'consolization' - almost certainly even if it's not been released on a console. It's getting actually silly.

I just remember while PC games were not bad console ports but the majority companies have gone the means of the console. RAGES has mod tools, but are integrated into the game engine, so it's not like they did all this extra work. I think the game is pretty good, but the lack of dedicated servers will hurt the PC because not only are the players, almost as many as for XBOX 360/PS3 multi survey.

Just the method of business at the present, and the cost of games being so high company have to create as a large amount as possible. But the method I see it, Rage , to be play the best way is on PC still, I just see it as expansion their audience.

I indicate, these days, if a game not pass, the hit to the company is pretty hard.