Thread: After installing Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0, GPS is not working in Android 2.2.

After installing Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0, GPS is not working in Android 2.2.

Hey friends, I am using Samsung Galaxy s which is running on the Android 2.2. I came here to know suggestion about my problem, recently I have installed the new Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 and after this installation I am having so many of the issue related with the GPS. I am trying to test the GPS Find feature, but it is not working in my case. For that reason I am sure that I have interred the proper email address and enabled GPS Find but still of not use for me. Here I would like to know that is there only some of the email addresses that it either will or won’t work with? And I have tested my GPS signal with my other devices and it was working ok. And also suggest me that is there any need to change on my Samsung galaxy s before this would work? Please reply me for the suggestion on this.

Re: After installing Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0, GPS is not working in Android 2.2.

In this case, I would like to suggest you that while trying with the GPS try to go outside from your home and then try with the other application like Google MAP and if it works then try with your Kaspersky Mobile Security GPS find. Hope at that time it will works. I am suggesting this thing because it also might happens that when you are trying to work with the GPS then at that time there will be no signal for the GPS for that reason it was not working. So for asking sure that it is working or not try with the place where the signal is good.

Re: After installing Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0, GPS is not working in Android 2.2.

Yes, I have also tried with the other application like RAC Traffic and Google MAP and they are working fine. But when I am trying with the GPS to find the place at that time it switches on the GPS it seems to switch on and off almost straight away. So what can I do in this case? And also thanks for the reply.

Here I would like to suggest you that try to check the setting for that and there check that you have enabled the both "Use wireless networks" and "Use GPS satellites" location setting. And after that again try to connect the GPS.

Yes, it works, thanks dude. I checked that setting and at there I found that they are not enabled. After enabling them I got them back to working. But here I am having some question about this topic, and th4e question is that if my phone get stolen and thief turns those settings off then at that time GPS Find is then useless. So what can I do for that reason? Please suggest me for that reason also.

If you are thinking for that reason then I will say you to contact with the technical support and explain them about your question, I am sure that they will do something in your case.

Ok, let me tell you that I have also contacted with them and they told me that some setting to do and they told me that after doing this all setting you will get your GPS working again. But after trying with that I found that still GPS is not working. Now what can I do to get my GPS working again?

Fine, so your mean to say that technical support help also not works in your case, so I think that the only way to get GPS working again is to remove the Kaspersky from your mobile. I am telling this because you have already tried with the all other suggestion but none of them worked in your case. Try to uninstall your antivirus and then try again with your GPS that it is working or not, if you again get that it is not working then there must be some problem in your mobile GPS setting.