Thread: How to block and unblock the SMS service in T-mobile G2x

How to block and unblock the SMS service in T-mobile G2x

till date I haven’t used my phone to brows internet files or to download any content form the internet but in spite of this I am getting un necessary messages from the net for which I am being charged, it like a bit frustrating and desperately require an sms blocking tip….please help

Re: How to block and unblock the SMS service in T-mobile G2x

You can block particular messages by any one of the following way:
    1. Go to any appropriate site and either login or create an account. they will be charging you for the password text message when you create a new account.
    2. Click on "Communication Tools" situated on the right side of the menu bar.
    3. Follow up to "Resources" box right hand side, click on "create email filters"
    4. Go down and check "yes" for "Block all messages from E-Mail to handset" and "no" to Allow messages ONLY from "My Phone's E-Mail address"
    These steps doesn't block direct SMS txt messages, but it does block any text messages sent to phone number

The problem is occurring because almost all spam SMS are sent from email instead of being sent from another phone. that is why I would suggest you to block these mails in every possible way

If you have problem related to the network about sending and receiving text or picture messages.you can block these messages by the following steps:
    • Go into settings
    • wireless & networks
    • use mobile network settings. When you get this screen make sure that 2g box is unchecked and network mode is set to GSM/WCDMA automatic. Now within this screen go to:
    • Network operators
    • search networks
    • choose T-Mobile UMTS

When using your phone to surf data or when making 3g calls, Make sure you have data enabled and data roaming enabled on your phone. when using your phone just to make calls and SMS messages do not need data enabled or data roaming enabled, but MMS do. this can help you in your problem.

If you are using any KMS then try disabling one feature of KMS at a time to find outwhat is the root cause of your problem. In addition to this also try to disable all antitheft features and keep enabled only one (e.g. block), try out with some feature of KMS settings but firstly make sure you are using the latest version:
    If you do have the current version, uninstall the current and reboot after which you can install the latest.