Thread: KES8 can not be activated as it fails to synchronize with admin kit

KES8 can not be activated as it fails to synchronize with admin kit

I am using a Nokia E63 and i have installed KES8 on my phone as well but the problem i am facing is that I i am not able to synchronize it with the admin kit server in order to get the license and and it is not being discovered by the admin kit.Is there any one who have an idea about it and can help me out as well.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: KES8 can not be activated as it fails to synchronize with admin kit

You can follow the below instruction in order to configure the setting and then try it out:
    • Firstly prepare Kaspersky Administration Kit 8 in order to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for your phone.
    • Then Create an installation package and then Install kmlisten.exe on your computer.
    • And then Install Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for your phone from your computer.

just try all of the above steps and then let me know if you are facing any problem with these.

Even i am facing the same kind of problem and i just wanted to know if there is any simple explanation or say a simple diagram that can help us with the physical connection between the adminkit and the mobile because my phone is not having WiFi feature and is there a way to synchronize with admin kit in order to activate the license without having the WiFi i mean can KES8 will be able to get update from admin kit.Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

As far as i know you can use the cellular network in order to connect it as you have to synchronize with an ip address if your mobile does not have a WiFi feature and you can also use any other connection which can let you access the internet and yes the KES8 on the mobile can very well get the update from the admin kit and as far as know i have not yet came across for any simple diagram for the physical connection between the mobile and the admin kit but i will look for it and will let you know if i get one.Hope that was helpful.

I have the exact problem and i was looking for a detail information regarding using the cellular network in order to connect it to the mobile phone to the admin kit and i also wanted to know that how does the phone get updated from the admin kit i mean locally from the folder rather from the kaspersky lab sites.I needed a help as soon as possible.Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

You can use the cellular network as your mobile uses GPRS in order to connect to the internet because of which you can easily setup your access point with the network provider respectively and if you want to update your phone from the admint kit and by not using the kaspersky lab sites by enabling the option of updating the virus definition while synchronizing with the admin kit.Hope you got it.

According to what you are saying the mobile uses the GPRS in order to connect to the internet and then you can setup the access point according ti the network provider but then how the admin kit will connect and sync with the mobile via cellular network because the admin is not having the wireless connection and as far as i know it connects to internet via ADSL and you also said that we can enable the option of updating virus definitions when you sync with the admin kit but when i was trying to change the update the source from the shared folder i got a download error.Any further help will be appreciated.

Here i will like to inform you that the PC where you will be having the KAdminKit will have a public ip address that is used to connect the device in order to sync it with the mobile using the cellular network and in order to set up a policy so as to update the virus definition you just need to set up the phone to synchronize with the IP of the Admin Kit.Hope your doubt is clear now.

In order to Kaspersky Mobile Security 7.0 via Kaspersky Administration Kit you just have to follow a deployment task where you have to install the special utility KMS 7.0 EE Installer on any workstation using a deployment task but in a corporate network and when your phone connects to the workstation.KMS 7.0 EE Installer utility will directly install the "Kaspersky Mobile Security 7.0 Enterprise Edition on your phone and make sure that the workstation have " Microsoft Active Sync" installed but if it does not then KMS 7.0 EE Installer utility will not be able to detect the connected phone.

You can also do the above process by via a sms by sending a SMS which will contain the URL of the installation package through an Administration Server and as soon as you open this URL a "Kaspersky Mobile Security" package will be uploaded to your phone for the installation process but here You should be having a GSM modem that will be connected to the Administration Server in order to send a SMS and you also need "Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0" installed on your administration server.

Before going for the installation process you have to Check the box Mobile devices support during the installation of the Administration Server to which your phone is connected and you also have to make sure that the port for connecting mobile devices is open on the Administration Server and you also have to Install an Anti-Virus control plug-in to the Administration Console and then you have to create a Kaspersky Mobile Security 7.0 Enterprise Edition installation package and then Choose an administration group in order to relocate the client computers on which Kaspersky Mobile Security 7.0 Enterprise Edition you are willing to install and then can create a new group for them.Later just Create a Kaspersky Mobile Security 7.0 Enterprise Edition policy in the administration group for your phone and then Add a key file into this policy and now you will have to Configure the relocation of the client computer with the installed Kaspersky Mobile Security 7.0 Enterprise Edition in the administration group which you have chosen.Hope that helps.