Thread: HTC Vigor - Dimensions

HTC Vigor - Dimensions

I know we don't have much to evaluate it to, nevertheless has anyone been capable to extrapolate any dimensions of the phone given the new pictures? I could take swag at, although I keep in mind some individuals with some superior software using the micro-USB port to figure out the thickness of the Bionic based on early pictures.

Most excellent I could come up for thickness was 12.8mm. Immediately with a ruler and calculator although.

Re: HTC Vigor - Dimensions

I'm thinking it will be pretty much the similar dimensions (H&W) as the impression and looks to be about as thick as the bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by switchblade327 View Post
    I'm thinking it will be pretty much the similar dimensions (H&W) as the impression and looks to be about as thick as the bolt.
    That's not excessively far off from my math. In view of the fact that the display will be 4.3", I used the Pythagorean Theorem and scaled each picture. This is what I came up with:

• Thickness: 11.99 mm
    • Screen: 2.12" x 3.55"
    • Overall: 2.523" x 4.822"

HTC can make a slim device even if their life depended on. They have nice designs, but they're such tanks. It's like they don't even try to being down the thickness

Quote Originally Posted by BansiJ View Post
    That's not excessively far off from my math. In view of the fact that the display will be 4.3", I used the Pythagorean Theorem and scaled each picture. This is what I came up with:

Is this accurate measurements because if so that not bad at all close to incredible 2. The only trouble with the thunderbolt was it was as thick as my epic which has a keyboard but this is reasonable but honestly I don’t care too much about the thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1 View Post
    HTC can make a slim device even if their life depended on. They have nice designs, but they're such tanks. It's like they don't even try to being down the thickness
    Given how much everyone complains about the plastic feel of the Samsung phones. Samsung is clearly good at what they do, but not everyone wants a feathery angel wing device. Why try to beat them at their own game? HTC has a reputation for a certain build type, love it or hate it, that they're quite good at.

There are lots of things that irritate me about HTC devices, but it falling apart is typically not one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by BansiJ View Post

Keep in mind, too. This would be 2mm thinner than the Thunderbolt and the thinnest device on the US market is only 3mm less. And doesn't have an HD screen, doesn't have LTE, etc

Those 3mm make a big difference. Also, phones like the Motorola DROID RAZR and Samsung Prime are both similarly spec’s and much slimmer. The Prime is probably somewhere between 9mm and 10mm and the DROID RAZR is between 8mm and 9mm

Another thing is just because a device is slim, it doesn't mean it can't have good build quality. Like I said, I like HTC'S hardware, just wish they made them slimmer considering how big the devices are getting.

Htc can't make high quality buttons: power, volume. I think the battery life will be shorter.

I won't claim that it's accurate, but I was as precise as I could be. If anyone feels like trying to duplicate it to see if you get the same result, I did a print screen of the pictures of the front and top and pasted them into paint, and turned on the ruler. Since we "know" that it will be 4.3" diagonally and 1280 x 720, even without a picture you can calculate the screen dimensions.

I did some math using that as the scale to get the overall width & height. Then you have to account for the difference in scale between the pictures to get the thickness. It could be a bit off because a few pixels on the screen could make a little difference.