Thread: I am receiving unknown error message 15000 While using itunes airplay

I am receiving unknown error message 15000 While using itunes airplay

I want some help to fix the error message problem I am facing. I am trying to use iTunes on my system. But I am getting a unknown error message. It just display the number 1500. The version of iTunes which I am using is 10.4.1.10. I need a bit help to configure this with Airport Express. I thought this will be easy for me to share files. But when I am trying to do the same I am getting this error message. I am not able to fix it.

Re: I am receiving unknown error message 15000 While using itunes airplay

There is a tiny fix available for that that can help you to resolve the problem you are facing. You have to go in Finder. And then go in the Application folder. Go in Utilities then and look for Terminal. Click on it and launch it. Once done you will see a command window. In that type networksetup -listallnetworkservices. You will get the list of services on the screen. You have to disable two things here. The first is IPv6 fir wifi and the same for Ethernet. Just type networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi & networksetup -setv6off Ethernet and done. Check back.

I had faced this problem a few week ago. I found one solution on Apple that work. I am going to provide you same. I am sure this will stop the error. For that you have to first go in Apple Menu and then click on System Preferences. Then go in View and select the network. Select the network interface card here and choose the Airport. Now click on Configure > Configure IPv6. Set the value to automatic. Click on OK. The next thing you have to do is go in View back and click on Sharing then go in Firewall > Advance. Tick on Block UDF Traffic. That's it check back.

This is very problematic. I am also facing the same thing and I had tried many things. But yet I had not able to configure Airport on Mac. At first I thought this will be easy. That is why purchased Airport Express. But it looks Mac is not able to setup a proper connection. I hope my device is not damage. I am getting the same constant error continuously.

I am going to provide a solution which effectively works for Mac OS X 10.5.1 or later. Go in Apple Menu > System Preferences > View > Network. Select the network card from here. You have to choose the one which will be used for connecting the system to Airport. Choose that and then click on Advance > TCP/IP. Click on Configure IPv6. If you are on a network where IP address is provided automatically then set the connection to automatic or else leave it on Manual. Go back in View > Security > Firewall > an add a tick on Set Access for specific devices and applications. Now try back.

This can be some type of firewall problem. You have to ensure that the ports which ware used by iTunes to communicate with Airport are open or not. If they are blocked then you will keep on getting this problem. Just for testing purpose turn off the firewall and check back. If the connectivity works then this is a firewall problem. And you have to unblock two ports here. The first is UDP 5353 and the second one is TCP 3689. Open this port. You have to unblock them in the firewall, antivirus or in any other security application you are using.