Thread: Transfer data from old SATA drive to new PS3

Transfer data from old SATA drive to new PS3

It seems to me that I really messed up while doing this. Recently I have installed the PS3 HDD from 40GB to 320GB and took pleasure of the additional space for months. Lately, while, I determined to sell my older system for a slim. However, I by no means backed up the information on top of the 320GB HD! I attempted connecting the HDD to the fresh PS3 through a USB connection kit, except May well not observe the data wherever. Do you think that it is possible for me to get data back from that old HDD and transfer to the new one?

Re: Transfer data from old SATA drive to new PS3

I think you have no way to recover your backups (games, downloads) by these means it. I thought I saw on some forum that we could find these data by connecting the SATA hard disk of the PS3 on a computer, and crack the data to make it reusable on another PS3 and I think it was taken directly on a PS3 system running from a USB key

Through the normal backup program you can still see the most up data to an external disk, but are excluded from the copy-protected data remains. However, it is also possible to transfer the entire system, including copy-protected PS3 Save Games, games and installations accounts but it follows a little complicated process.

External hard drive in FAT32: it is a type of writing that supports Sony to back up data. This is the type of writing an iPod for example. In general, external hard drives are NTFS, but you can change the language with some programs like "FAT32formatter". It's just a squabble Sony - Microsoft. And when I say games copyright, that's the difference between games protected right to copy and which are not transferable from one console to another by restoring a backup on an external HDD Fat 32. With your other console, you can connect to playstation network with your new account, I think. And regarding your trophies, it will depend on when you synchronize your data with the server. To synchronize with your new console, you'll tab trophies and you press triangle, then sync with the server.

You would your 60G hard drive in the PS3 build and borrowed after the data transfer, the course developed, original hard disk back into the borrow PS3. If you take it as external, you come to it but not to save the games, play installations and accounts. Furthermore, you need an HDD frame that provides power to the HDD (via USB or via mains socket) and it provides access via USB to the plate.

You need an external hard drive that is formatted in FAT32. Simply plug it in and make a backup. I do not know exactly how the item is called. I think backup and restore. Because you choose the hard drive and wait until it's done. Then simply connect to the new External Ps3 and go to Restore.

The PS3 says in the master boot record their ID, if the hard drive or back it will be transferred to another PS3, it recognizes the new PS3 is that the ID does not match with her. So even a PC via cloning works not with the HDD because of their special FAT32 partition can not only be recognized and thus prevents a view of the data stored on the hard disk. To be the only way to save some of your data, it is either your PS3 repaired by a panel shop, so at least the most necessary to copy from the hard disk to an external storage device, or unscrew it even to the PS3 with a heat gun and thermal grease to make the road again. Then they would but still within a few months - weeks go broke again.

You go with your PS3 to "System Preferences" as to "backup program" and because in turn to "Save"! Then you will see the exact number of required gigabytes on the external storage medium must be present! Then the data are backed up. The back-up is ONLY memory data (savegames) and demos! The remaining patches you have to play as the new PS3 and load them again down the add-ons or PSN games you need to also load down again! To your data on new countries ps3 restore, simply click again on "System Preferences" then "backup program" and this time click "Restore."

We can indeed add a hard drive via the USB ports but only to store audio and video. Games, demos will not be there, at least for the moment with the current firmware.