Thread: Steps to know HTC HD7 WP7 is factory unlocked or not

Steps to know HTC HD7 WP7 is factory unlocked or not

Guys I have just purchased HTC HD7 WP7 and I want to know HTC HD7 WP7 is factory unlocked or not how can I know that please help me out of this if you are having any suggestion which would tell me how to do it.

Re: Steps to know HTC HD7 WP7 is factory unlocked or not

I think it would be depending on the seller from where you are buying it you need to know it and they have been recommending that not to buy any phone from the unauthorized seller.

Almost all the phone is been sold with the carriers and there phone has been branded on the phone. And there are cases when it is having their own application been installed on the phone. Now if you are not having any of those that would be meaning that you are having an unlocked phone and that would be updating would be there through the MS directly and there is no need of the approval for any carrier branded on the phone.

What I have saw is that is must never lock the sim as the update from the MS which would be taken as non carrier update and this would tell you if the phone is locked or unlocked.

Well guys i was really expecting something very nice from you all. This is quit strange that no body has been knowing the steps about this and while i was searching on internet i haven't still got a best result i dont know why this step is still missing on such a big web world. I was really expecting that there would be some option or steps by which we can make things out of this. And i dont think that this is a silly question it is a important question for many of them and i have found that there are lots of guys who have been asking this question but those threads are just with no reply's and i am thank full to you guys that you ave commented over here i know that your comments are not useless but for me its not exactly for what i was looking for.