Thread: texting of messages only allows 160 Character limit HTC arrive

texting of messages only allows 160 Character limit HTC arrive

HTC arrive has finally arrived and I have purchased but I have encountered a problem related to texting of messages that is I am not being able to compose txt messages preceding the 160 mark. It refuses to auto split the message into 2 texts while sending as well as receiving the messages. I had gone through the manual for the HTC Arrive but it is listed there that should receive and send the messages without auto splitting them. Is there any hope that this little bug to be permanently fixed? and if you find any related answers the please post it to me!!!!!!!Please!!!!!! I have the OS Version 7.0.7389.0 and not 90

Re: texting of messages only allows 160 Character limit HTC arrive

I have also used the same phone and got to know that there is a 160 character limit for sms, the HTC Arrive came into existence to allow users to exceed the limit by the device which is by default automatic HTC arrive creates a new message whenever the limit is exceeded. This point is well explained on pg. 83 of the HTC Arrive User manual.
    Currently the device will not be allowed to exceed the 160 character limit. This has been registered as a known problem for every HTC Arrive and Sprint has asked Microsoft. so any update regarding the same will be posted to………..

Due to some reason the draw counter from the first message "160/160" instead of going to the“xxx/320" it just stops at "160/160" and doesn't let you carry on typing. While the other posts that I have gone through it has been confirmed that this problem is very common with the HTC Arrive. It is because Arrive is the first CDMA handset, so according to me there is some reason it's turned off because CDMA never was good at sending texts with more than 160 characters.

I had gone through your post and i am familiar with text messages are limited to 160 characters by default. Nevertheless, on your device and carrier, if I go over the capacity, then the message will besent in multiple text messages (group of 160 characters each). Therefore, If you send a message that is 200 characters, it will be sent as two distinct text messages.
    If you need additional help, please provide the missing information.
    1. HTC your current version
    2. Arrive cdma
    3. Mobile Operator-so that I could contact your operator if any network related problem arrises
    4. Phone Operating System version (Settings -> About -> More info)
    5. Zune software version: updated version is prefered
    6. Computer Operating System version
    It would be my pleasure to help u

Although it's not too disturbing in the short term, it's not very complicated to hit send and then carry on texting or to put in a '...' at the end of a text yourself.