Thread: Character limit for text messages on Windows Phone 7

Character limit for text messages on Windows Phone 7

I have the HTC arrive and very much like it, last day I was trying to write the text message but as I cross the character limit 160 mark. My mobile refuse to split that message into two, however I know that if we cross the limit our message is split in to two, but why it is not get split in to two, is there any setting changes by me. Or it is the errors in the HTC arrive, if you guys have any information about my issue then please suggest me.

Re: Character limit for text messages on Windows Phone 7

I am also using the HTC Arrive from the last four month but I have never seen such problems in my Mobile, according to me there is some setting changes that cause that kind of problems, since the HTC provide the 160 character limit for sms, and also if you exceed that limit it automatically intends to create the new message. If you read the page 83 of the HTC Arrive User Guide. You will find there is written that they don’t allow to exceed the limit from 160 character.

These kind of problems occurs some time but at that time you have to recognized the fault of that, Basically if you have seen that there is the maximum length provide for creating the sms is of 160 character, however if you increase that then your HTC will continue allow you to write the message but at the time of the sending that massage it charge you as per the page you are sending. That means that if you are sending more than 160 characters then you have charged for the two messages.

The maximum character allow for the message is of 160 character at a time and if you exist these limit you automatically enter in the page two of the message and it allow you to continue your message writing, there is nothing such problems you are going to face, and if b7y mistake you are facing such problems then you just save that message and again come back to the main menu and then again go to draft or saved message and select the option and inside that option you will find the option for edit message you select that and you are allow to append the message to the last of the text you have saved.

According to my experience I have never seen these problems in my mobile, this can be ok if we are talking about the CDMA, since CDMA doesn’t allow to the message to past 160 characters, but that not in the case of the latest mobile phone, there are the latest feature that automatically split the message and send them at different times. And also there is stated on the HTC Arrive handbook that this phone have these feature. So you don’t have to worry about you just switch off your4 phone, and after that restart your phone and then again write the message may these time you are not going to face such problems again.

As you go to the manual guide for the HTC Arrive there is written that on pg. 83 "A counter appears below your text message when you are about to reach the 160-character limit. If you continue typing and go over this limit, a new message is created. Depending on the total length, your text message will be sent as two or more messages, but the recipient will receive and see it as a single message."
    This clear that these mobile have these feature of splitting the message. However it may be the bug in your HTC Arrive so you have to contact to your service provider or you have to contact to the customer care department for the HTC Mobile.