Thread: HTC HD7 mobile phone unable to start after failed update

HTC HD7 mobile phone unable to start after failed update

I have an htc hd7 phone. Yesterday I was trying to update it. Initially it looked like everything’s fine but when I restarted the update it continued. I thought that it has got updated but I got a prompt like update waiting. I tried to update the second time, it got to the 9 step, it froze and device rebooted. The phone screen just has the HTC logo with a white background. I have tried hard resetting after an update fail but nothing happened. I don’t know what I should do now. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: HTC HD7 mobile phone unable to start after failed update

I would suggest you to try to power up by holding the vol+vol- button. I hope you get the option of CRC number or factory reset. I would say that try checking the number first and then reboot. I hope it works. If it doesn’t then try the factory reset option. I hope either of the method works.

I would like to ask you that have you tried restoring. If your phone is not restorable then I would advice that you should contact the Manufacture.

Let me tell you that if none of the methods work for you then remember that there is no software tools available to debug , read drive, flash ROM software. There is no software from Microsoft that will allow you to recover your original WP7 OS. I am having the same problem I have tried all things but nothing has worked out for me. I can’t change the sd card and re-install the operating system. I am also not able to run the drive recovery tools. I am very much annoyed by the Microsoft. I think I should give the phone back to the Microsoft.

Well I have just finished installing zune. i installed zune to sync to computer and get songs. Zune software froze my phone. According to zune, my screen was locked but I could not unlock it. My phone was not accepting my password so I couldn’t unlock it. I tried to switch my phone off and tried to switch it on again but nothing happened. It is sad the way Microsoft try to copy other mobile phones

I would suggest you to better contact the Microsoft guys. It is not right from the Microsoft guys. You can also look for troubleshooting options available on their website. I would suggest you to visit the official website of Microsoft and search for the fix of this issue.

I am having the same problem that you are facing. I was also trying to update and my phone got stuck in the middle and rebooted. My screen went full white with the HTC logo. It was actually stuck on this for around 30 minutes. I then cancelled my phone and unplugged from the computer and saw that it was stuck on the htc screen so I removed the battery. After putting the battery I tried to turn it on again but it didn’t turn on. So finally I have decided of throwing this phone. It is not correct. I have decided that I will never take a Microsoft phone again. They have not even released any fix till now. I have contacted the Microsoft people but they didn’t reply to me.

Well windows phone 7 has been in news since long for this. There is some problem after updating. I would say that only thing you can do is try out removing the sd card, try factory resetting