Thread: Memory Card Issues for the Windows Phone 7

Memory Card Issues for the Windows Phone 7

Recently I have purchased SD Card for my windows phone Samsung, but the problems is that it won’t connect or found in the device, so I want to know what is the real problems for not getting connect or support that memory card and I also want to know what memory card is supported by the Windows Phone 7 mobile, so if you guys have any information about the memory card issue for windows phone then please let me know.

Re: Memory Card Issues for the Windows Phone 7

Some of the Windows Phones supports a Secure Digital (SD) card in order to expand the storage space for the phone you are using. This type of cards mostly placed underneath the battery cover on the back of your phone. However this type of the SD cards which is used for the Windows Phone is totally different from the other SD cards. So you have to purchase those memory cards which support the Windows Phone. So you have to make the check whether your memory card that you are trying to connect with your phone is supported by your phone or not.

The memory cards for the Windows Phone 7 develop the error or issue due to the following reason, first is that whether the micro SD cards that have used for the Windows Phone is branded or not, Second thing is that whether your memory cards is Compatible with your Windows Phone 7 or not, Third thing is that the micro SD cards should be obtained from the manufacturer or carrier. According to me these cards are well supported by the Windows Phone (The SanDisk 8GB class 2 micro SD card has been certified)

The one thing about the Windows Phone 7 device is that the memory cards once inserted and make use with the Windows Phone becomes the Part of the phone. That means that if the Micro SD card inserted in to the Windows Phone 7 device or integrated to the device is become the permanent card for that Devices , and can only be access by that Phone only , that you can’t able to use that card with other devices such as computers, cameras, printers, and so on. So there is the inability to format those cards from the external or native devices.

First thing before placing any of the external memory inside the Windows Phone, you need to be careful for what card you are placing in the slot and when you have to place that in the slot. So you have to go through the cards related information for the checking for the speed certification and testing for the card etc. and also the Memory card once inserted in to the Phone cannot be removed without doing the hard reset to the device. In short it is not removal storage.

I am using the Samsung mobile which has the 16GB internal memory and can be expandable up to 32GB. So if you can simply insert a 32GB micro SD card on this device. However there is some restriction if you are going to use the micro SD card. So you have to use only the Approved cards which can be get from the manufacturer or carrier. Many of the commercially available micro SD cards are not approved for use in Windows Phone 7. So if you are forcing to use the unapproved cards you may face these problems of performance degradation or device instability or you can also face the unexpected reset and loss of user data. And also this phone doesn’t support the freely swapping micro SD Cards in and out. That means that once you have inserted your memory card inside the phone then it become the permanent storage for the devices. NO other devices are allowed to read or write the data of that memory card.

The Windows phone 7 is the advanced phones that have its inbuilt memory as well as it support the external memory for addition use. So the most important thing is that this type of phone supports only the branded memory card and also once the memory card is fixed in the Windows Phone 7 become the permanent card for this phone only. That card will not read or write by other card readers or any external device.