Thread: How to back up data on Windows Phone 7

How to back up data on Windows Phone 7

Recently I have found some defect in my Windows Phone 7. So I have decided to give it back to the Service center and get the Fresh Mobile. But I have lots of data such as images, secondary email addresses, contact notes, etc. in that mobile, so I want to know is there any process or application is there by which I can keep those data back up in my computer, so if you guys have any information about this then help me to keep the manually data backup. Can anyone help me on this issue. Your reply will be appreciated.

Re: How to back up data on Windows Phone 7

You have the clouding feature in the Windows Phone 7 for that you should have your Live ID in your Mobile. By this feature e you can place everything including your data, contacts, images, videos, documents etc. will simply store inside the cloud, and there is no possibility to lose that anyhow. Even if your phone gets stolen, or gets zapped by lightning, or whatever the condition may but you don’t lose any of your data. So you should always store your data always on the cloud.

You should make the use of your Windows Live ID so that your contacts should sync back, so for that you have to go for “www.live.com” and login with your Windows Live ID and you have to register your phone. So that in future you just have to go there and have to login. There is other option of using the provider offers of syncing via the Cellbright machine that some of the stores have. I don’t know much about this but may it help you to do the backup for your data.

According to my suggestion most of the contacts of your friends and relative are coming from Windows Live, Facebook, Outlook, or your SIM card. So there is no worry to lose them since they are all store and coming from the service. But if you have enter your contact manually then that contact are now part of your Windows Live account, and they are already save in to the clouds and also if you wish to store the backup for the contact then you can make the use of the advanced setting available in the contact menu for moving the contacts to the SIM card, you can easily move the contact to the SIM card and easily give your phone to the Service center.

If you want to get back the contact detail from the existing live account, then there is the option to export them as a csv file. So when you are going to create your new Account then just Follow the same steps and imports your contacts. Beside that you can store the back up for the image and other data simply on your computer by connecting you’re Mobile with the Computer with the help of USV and copy that data in to the Computer Secondary Storage.

There are still no software is available to make the Backup for the SMS or Contacts but there is the alternate method to get the Backup of the contacts by syncing it with your email id. For example suppose you have the hotmail just sync the contacts with it. This is the best method to keep the Backup and next time when you need those contacts or that information then just have to syncing hotmail again.

I think here is no need to do the backup since they are saved to your Windows Live account. So if you need any time just have to force a sync, for that you have to first go to the Setting and after that go to emails & accounts, and from the list of the Menu select the "sync". And that does solve to get the back up of the data.

There is the feature for the Windows Phone 7 to store the data on the cloud, so by using that feature one can get the information whatever he have store on the clouds by just login to its personal account for the Windows Live ID, so there is no need to worry about the data loss. If you don’t have the Windows Live ID then you have to create it and after creating that follow the process use to store the data in the clouds. So when next time you want to use any of the data then you have to sync your Account with the Windows Live account.