Thread: Unable to backup iphone after upgrading to iTunes 10.4.0.80

Unable to backup iphone after upgrading to iTunes 10.4.0.80

I have an apple 3G iphone. I have installed 5.15.04 firmware. Also I have a Lenovo T61 laptop which contains windows xp Operating system. I actually have recently upgraded itunes to itunes 10.4.0.80. After this upgradation, I am not able to back up my iphone. Backup doesn’t complete and it says that it can’t be saved on the system. Itunes becomes unresponsive and my laptop freezes. I don’t know what to do? Any suggestions regarding this would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

re: Unable to backup iphone after upgrading to iTunes 10.4.0.80

I would suggest you to un-install all the apple programs which are listed under add/remove programs and then try to re-install the iTunes 10.4.0.80. I am sure after this you will be able to backup and sync your iphone. Well let me tell you that just installing and re-installing iTunes by itself will not do anything. Try to un-install apple mobile device support and apple application support and QuickTime. Also remember to delete the backup folders of failed backups. I hope this works. I am sure that this will help. If this method or say trick doesn’t help you in resolving the issue then I would say that you must reply me back so that I can try and give you some other effective solution. Thank you

I have gone through your query and I would say that try to download the old version of iTunes 10.3.1. You can visit the official website of apple and search the version over there. Once you find it then just download it. I am sure that it will help.

I would say that you should download the lower version itunes back again. Try to follow what I have mentioned below and I think this might be helpful to you.
    • The reinstall of iTunes 10.3.1
    • Backup everything.
    • Uninstall iTunes 10.4.0.80
    • Deleting the file iTunes Library.itl or restoring it to a version prior to the 10.4.0.80 Start iTunes
    • Restore your iTunes settings
    • run Transfer Purchases
    • run iTunes Backup of all your Apple Devices ex: iPhone and iPAD
    • apply iTunes settings
    • run a sync
    • You may need to discover you old Music, Apps and other iTunes stuff. After you rediscover you should be OK.
    Now I suspect that you should be backing up and running.

You know what I suspect is that your backup issues are most likely related to an app on your iphone. Some applications are actually large and so require large backups. So sometimes it is likely that the backups hang and fail. You must disable the backup of the iphone apps from the iphone and then I suppose that the iTunes backup will work. I was having Zinio application and I have to turn it off while backup. So I would suggest you to try to do this for the same. I also say that I agree that this isn’t only the issue with Zinio, there are many apps actually take time to get through. I have mentioned such apps below,
    • Comic Zeal
    • Zinio
    • Good Reader
    • Quick PDF+
    • Pressreader

Re: Unable to backup iphone after upgrading to iTunes 10.4.0.80

I am facing the same issue. I have downloaded the itunes and my iphone 3gs is failing to sync. I am very annoyed. It is just getting crashed. I have tried reinstalling the itunes but nothing happened. I have uninstalled all products of apple but still I am not able to sync.

Re: Unable to backup iphone after upgrading to iTunes 10.4.0.80

I would suggest you to try to downgrade the itunes from 10.4.0.80. I think this will resolve the issue. I think the up gradation has created some problems. Just check it and let me know. I would suggest you to try some other methods if this doesn’t work.