Thread: Unable to migrate BlackBerry Desktop manager to a new mac system

Unable to migrate BlackBerry Desktop manager to a new mac system

I was using blackberry desktop manager 1.0.3 in my macbook pro now the BlackBerry Desktop manager has been launched for the mac system also and even I have got a new mac system for myself so that’s why I am thinking of migrating the BlackBerry Desktop manager to the new mac system. I did take help of the migration assistant to help me get out of the problem, that’s what I am saying here, now it seems that all the desktop manager has copied very well in the new system but the thing is that whenever I connect my phone to the system the desktop manager does not respond at all, so that’s the issue over here, now can you all pelase tell me what can be the issue here. I want your help on the same please do let me know as soon as possible on the same.

Re: Unable to migrate BlackBerry Desktop manager to a new mac system

It seems that the installation might have gone wrong and hence that’s the reason why it is giving you that error so hope you do understand what kind of problem is this so as a solution I would advise you to have a check at this link I have given you will get the new blackberry software for the mac system, so that’s what you should be doing to get the desktop software working, so hope that’s clear for you, that’s it from my side for you.

May be you are not running the latest version of the desktop manager the version that you have mentioned here is quite old and needs to be upgraded as soon as possible I feel. so do upgrade it with the latest version and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by $Nakul$ View Post
    I was using blackberry desktop manager 1.0.3 in my macbook pro now the BlackBerry Desktop manager has been launched for the mac system also and even I have got a new mac system for myself so that’s why I am thinking of migrating the BlackBerry Desktop manager to the new mac system. I did take help of the migration assistant to help me get out of the problem, that’s what I am saying here, now it seems that all the desktop manager has copied very well in the new system but the thing is that whenever I connect my phone to the system the desktop manager does not respond at all, so that’s the issue over here, now can you all pelase tell me what can be the issue here. I want your help on the same please do let me know as soon as possible on the same.
    Check if you have disabled the power management in the usb root hub in case if it is on then make sure that you turn it off. So that’s what you should be doing it.
    In case if you are not aware how to do it then let me explain nyu in some steps hope so it will be simple for you
    1) Go to the device manager and then expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    2) Now there you will find the USB Root Hub go to the properties.
    3) Go to the powermanagement tab and there will be a option named as Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
    4) Just select that option and click ok.
    That’s it nothing more to do.

Just check whether the drivers of the usb are compatible with the latest version of the blackberry desktop software, so first you should check out that first and that’s what you should be doing it. so hope you have got the necessary solution on the same, do check out for the same as well and let me know if that will work for you or not.