Thread: Yahoo email was hacked via Blackberry 8530 Curve

Yahoo email was hacked via Blackberry 8530 Curve

Hello friends, I want to share and tell you that My Yahoo email was been hacked when I opened an email on my Blackberry 8530 curve. The hacker were able to modify my email password, whip and delete my contact list, send to all my contacts and e-mail saying that I was in London and desperately needs $ 1500 and create an alternate Yahoo email so that if some questioned the email requesting money was really answer me. Is there something I can use to protect your Blackberry from this kind of thing come about? Norton security phone does not work with RIM. Thanks for the help

Re: Yahoo email was hacked via Blackberry 8530 Curve

I think the mail account might be hacked, as it is not hacked through the phone, someone has hacked the account from the computer, and when you check on the phone you might be thinking that some has hacked from the phone.

Someone hacked yahoo email account is correct. The two are not inseparable. Anyone can sit anywhere on a PC or using software piracy and illegal penetration password available to those who wish to design your password. Do you realize that your Yahoo email account is easily reached from anywhere in the world there is an internet connects, not only from your BlackBerry, right? So a hacker could hack Yahoo account. He did not come from your BlackBerry. And Norton Internet Security software is asking? There is an explanation that is not made for BlackBerry. Not required. Theirs would be the first BlackBerry to be hacked. Go change your Yahoo password and secure it.

I think the above user is correct and also it will be the account hacked from any of the system not from the blackberry phone. You better keep in mind that the email account are been hacked from anywhere and also anytime.

I got my first BlackBerry this week, set up my Yahoo email through the email settings for e-mail comes through the message center and within 12 hours everyone in my address book spam received e-mail from my yahoo email account. I've had this Yahoo email account for years and never had happened. Based on this thread, I doubt if what is claim to be not possible is possible. I doubt this is an accident. I think the Blackberry people need to reassess the integrity of your security system.

I think you will be getting the answer for this solution on the internet and also you also you can change the password of the yahoo account and get it done and don’t the password with anyone.

I do not think that you are so bad, that you will not able to understand, well whenever the email account is been hacked then it can be hacked from anywhere and also it has been hacked by anyone in the hackers. The best option that you make a new password and send a mail to all the users whom the mails have gone and tell it was been hacked. When you will make the new password then make in such a manner that no one will be able to crack it and hack the account again.