Thread: Help, Blackberry security password is locked due to overriding by Desktop Manager.

Help, Blackberry security password is locked due to overriding by Desktop Manager.

I am using blackberry from the last few months, and up till all things was very nice. But now I am having some problem related to this phone. And the problem is that while I am trying to connect with the desktop manager, and at the starting it asked me for enter the pin code, and I did that, but it says that wrong pin, for that I unplug the phone and then I see that my phone is asking for the password for it. And when I am trying to enter the password it says that wrong password. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem. And here I am very sure about it that I am inserting the right password.

Re: Help, Blackberry security password is locked due to overriding by Desktop Manager.

Here first tell me that what are you trying to do on the desktop manager, when you disconnected you phone. Here I will suggest you for try with removing the battery and then inserting it back and then switch on your phone. And here I would like to know the your device model and OS version as well as the desktop manager version.

Re: Help, Blackberry security password is locked due to overriding by Desktop Manager.

In this case I will suggest you do as While the phone is on at that time pull the battery, trust me it will not cause any data loss. And after 2-3 minutes insert it back to your phone. Let see if this helps you to fix your problem. Try with that and if it also doest works in your case then reply me back. I will try to give you the other suggestion.

I think that this is the common issue because so many of the users forget their passwords, it will might happens in your case also but you are saying that you are sure about the password. But still in this case make sure that is your password have numerals or UPPERCASE characters in it? Is so then while trying to inter the password make sure that you are inserting the numerals or UPPERCASE characters in it. For example if your password is 5678, and while interning the password you are not pressing the ALT key for each numeral, then the password could very likely be "1ers", which is wrong one. so here I mean to say that reinter the password with this suggestion. try with this and if problem appears again then reply me back. Hope this will help you to resolve your problem.

Hey here I would like to say thanks to you for suggesting me in my case. Here let me explain you the whole story about it. I was only trying to connect with the computer using the Blackberry Desktop Manager. But at starting it asked me for the password and I entered that, but it says that wrong password. For that I have also asked to the Blackberry tech support but they also don’t know that what to do to fix this problem. And here this thing is not happening with the Blackberry Tour until I make a security password for secure it. And here I am very sure that I didn’t forget my password.

First clear me that it is asking for the password or a security PIN? I am getting confushed about this, are you on the Tmobile?

I am very sure that it is asking about the password and here I want to say to you that I am using the same password from the last few months up till now and I use to enter this password more than 50 times in the day because I have enabled my phone to lock up after 10 minutes of not being used. So how can I forget my password. In this case I came to know that my Desktop Manager had overriding my password and for that reason only my phone is get locked.

Yes, I also think that same. For resolving this type of the problem I will suggest you to contact with the blackberry tech center and tell them to flash your phone. I am suggesting your for the flashing because after doing this the phone will with the new OS and there will be no any previous password in your phone. But here it will cause the data loss. But I a sure that this will resolve your problem.

After trying to get the proper suggestion for unlocking my phone which has get locked by overriding by Desktop Manager, had now decided that I will try with the flashing my phone. And hope that this will help in my case.