Thread: Getting Handheld Application Loader Wizard error message on blackberry torch 9800

Getting Handheld Application Loader Wizard error message on blackberry torch 9800

I have blackberry torch 9800 and I have blackberry desktop software version 6.1.0.35 installed. Recently I have got some problem while using this software on blackberry. When I clicked the applications button on the desktop software window I saw a message popping up which has the subject message as
    Additional info from the pop-up windows
    • AppName: loader.exe
    • AppVer: 6.0.1.33
    • ModName: loader.exe
    • ModVer: 6.0.1.33
    • Offset: 003721e3

Exception Information
    • Code: 0xc0000417 Flags: 0x00000001
    • Record: 0x0000000000000000 Address: 0x00000000007721e3

I am having Windows NT 5.1 Build: 2600 and the organizer seems to work fine. I have no other software features like media sync.

Re: Getting Handheld Application Loader Wizard error message on blackberry torch 9800

I have similar kind of problem. I started facing this problem when I installed the latest version of BB desktop software. I also re-installed both the phone and desktop but there was no change. I am not having any access to applications on the desktop.

Re: Getting Handheld Application Loader Wizard error message on blackberry torch 9800

Well I know this problem very well. I would say that you can get this problem resolved by following the following steps,
    • Firstly uninstall all BB OS packages from PC.
    • Uninstall BB Desktop Software from PC
    • Restart PC.
    • Install BB Desktop Software (ver. 6.1.0.35)
    • Install BB OS package.
    • Launch BB Desktop Software. (Note: "Connecting" takes several minutes to complete).
    • Click "Applications" (Note: "Loading/Searching" takes several minutes to complete). Observe list of applications on device.
    • Click "Organizer" and then configure synchronization settings.
    • Click "Sync" (Sync should work ok).

I am having similar kind of issue. I tried to add the S/MIME package to my VZW bold 9930. After installing it, whenever I run the loader.exe it crashes. I am having windows xp sp3 operating system. Now if I right click on the loader.exe and do a 'Run as' and if I just pick the current user I log in as, it will actually load, but my device is never found the loader version is 6.0.1.22. I have cleared the apploader directory and everything but without any success.

You should always remember that you should always use device software from your current service provider for e.g. Bell, Rogers, Verizon, etc. And if the newest device software does not connect then try to go back a version.

I think that the problem is with the pc and not with the phone. I have loaded the same version of blackberry desktop on another pc which is having the similar version of windows and it is working. I just use a laptop whenever I need the application loader and I just use the laptop.

Well I agree that there is no problem with the device because the loader crashes before only. I think there are some issues with the operating system installer on the blackberry 9930 for Verizon. Actually I have tried it on 4 different laptops that have windows xp operating system and 1 pc was having windows 7 operating system. And let me tell you that the loader.exe crashes every time. If I right click on the loader.exe and select run as then loader.exe will run. I just used the same account and I logged in and the wizard launched without crashing.

I think the other option is to just install the device manager and they can run the loader the loader from my blackberry server where I have installed the device software.

Actually I am trying to update my device software for two months. I tried to wipe off all the previous versions. But I am not able to do this. I am very much annoyed. I would like to know anything regarding this.