Thread: Need help for buying first Macbook Pro, Processor, Ram, hard drive

Need help for buying first Macbook Pro, Processor, Ram, hard drive

Thinking about buying a 15 inch MBP for uni,I will use for general use but will need to run my CAD software for my course as AutoCAD, Refit, 3dsMax and maybe some photoshop.I was thinking of getting i7 model 2.2 standard, but-It would be worth getting the processor upgrade 2.3?'It would have a major effect on battery life?

I'm probably going to get the 8GB RAM upgrade to help run the programs you recommend? With the hard drive, is the solid-state drive to replace the standard hard drive, or in addition to? (For example, a new question I know) is it worth getting one? Also with the screen would be worth getting the high resolution screen update anti-glare? I hope you can help me? Any ideas or comments would be much appreciated

Re: Need help for buying first Macbook Pro, Processor, Ram, hard drive

Additional RAM would definitely not bad when running applications CPU.The solid state drive would certainly be a substitute for a standard hard drive but I imagine it is probable to restore the optical drive with a second hard drive on the other hand, this depends on your usage.

I would say you be supposed to only have anti-glare screen on whether you're working hard outside. As for the further things I've asked probably I'm not knowledgeable enough to make comment.

You will not notice a difference 0.1 GHz, unless you are running a reference side to side.

If you can wait a little longer, there are rumors saying that there could be a stroke of processors soon. Reader about it here: Apple Macbook Pro Bump May processor in 2011. Also, I'd recommend getting the advance of RAM from a third party site.

I have high resolution screen anti glare on my MBP i7 2010 and I like it. I would at a minimum to obtain high-resolution quality, but the glow against you. My iMac has a glossy screen and I think I like more. This is all personal preference.

Now as for the solid state HD No doubt about it, they perform better than a traditional unit, but still expensive for the size you get. I just want to continue with the 750 GB drive that comes with. You can always swap the SSD drive great for a later.

MBP will open and remove the optical drive (CD / DVD Super Drive).Then use the "OWC bender data" support and install an SSD in the old optical disc. It will have two hard drives on your MBP.

You can run the operating system and the application of the SSD and all your storage needs of foam in the regular SATA drive. The disadvantage is you will not have an optical drive. But you can always get a USB slim as the Macbook Air. If you really needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crespin View Post
    MBP will open and remove the optical drive (CD / DVD Super Drive).Then use the "OWC bender data" support and install an SSD in the old optical disc. It will have two hard drives on your MBP.

You can run the operating system and the application of the SSD and all your storage needs of foam in the regular SATA drive. The disadvantage is you will not have an optical drive. But you can always get a USB slim as the Macbook Air. If you really needed it.
    I was thinking of getting a 3 year guarantee apple care package as I do not want to void the warranty after spending around £ 1800 on a MBP

in terms of waiting, I would have to buy a little to get my discount of 15% of students so do not know if it's worth waiting for the stone in the processer

You can upgrade the RAM, hard drive and battery void the warranty with Apple Care.

I think it would be best to get the 2.2 GHz Core i7 then just buying 3rd party RAM and SSD and improved. Thanks everyone for your precious suggestion.